Cannot consume even 1 beer. Stomach rejects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Brand new to the forums. I? am an alcoholic.  consume between 15-18 beers everyday without any issue and remain “sober” and even throw in shots of jack too from time to time.  All of the sudden I? can’t even consume 1 beer without throwing it back up within a couple of minutes.  Has anyone ever gone thru this and what was the issue of you would be so kind to share

Thank you

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I haven't experienced this Shane, but possibly consider going to the doc and getting it looked into.

• Posted

This is a weird observation. Even i am beer lover and drink 3-4 beer daily. I don't know what exactly can be the reason but my intuition is that it is temporary. Wait for a couple of days and then try again. If the problem still persists, visit a doctor.

• Posted

This is not good...yes your liver and intestines seem overworked...abstain for as long as you can sad
  • Posted

Hi shane -

Dont know if youre still drinking or not, but you probably have gastritis from it. Ive had it probably for 3 years and continued to drink  to the point that  doc told me it has become chronic. Stop drinking, or it will get worse....trust me. Soon, anything you put in your stomach will cause issues and your body will stop absorbing nutrients properly. I finally stopped drinking permanently.  Its no fun!

Best Wishes,

Keith

• Posted

It sounds like gastritis to me alcohol irritates the stomach lining and the intestines they get sore do you have. If you have left sided chest pain a slight cough or sore throat as bloating I bet this is what it is.. sorry but it means a month off the beer medication and non acidic food . If you dont hangs Diet gastritis can and well get worse u will end up with stomach ulcers that will need surgery. But go see a doctor I’m just guessing  but this is what happens to me. It was like one day stomach said no more. Funny you only thin of your liver being at risk with drink. But it’s bad for every organ. But unlike the liver you can fix it with the right diet 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.