Cannot get comfortable with gord

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm suffering an episode of gord and just cannot get comfortable this evening. Sitting or lying in any position does not relieve my chest pain or pain between my shoulder blades. I have taken gaviscon and constantly burping but nothing is helping. Are there any immediate remedies to relieve the tightness

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I try one of 2 things, a large glass of fizzy water or cold milk. Does not always work, I too am suffering badly today myself and taken 40mg esomeprazole and 1 ranitadine nothing helping so off to get some milk, some say milk is not good but that or plain yoghurt seems to take away the sore feeling and any relief is good.
  • Posted

A PPI if you have access to it, otherwise Gaviscon. Then I rest at an angle and after about 30mins it goes off for me

• Posted

I have the same feeling last night it was so bad feeling uncomfortable dunno what to do. But I just relaxed cause my heart kind of beating fast so I just relaxed my arms is numb and my back hurts and my chest left feeling pained if you feel that. Just drink water and relaxed
  • Posted

A can of zero coke left to go a bit flat and sipped over a period of about an hour helps me when having a really bade flare up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.