Cannot get GP or Pharmacy to deal with me. I look and feel like I'm dying now.

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is my experience of the NHS (UK) for just this year, leaving me looking and feeling like I’m dying.

But what happened inside that Hospital still leaved me in shock when thinking about it.

At end of last year I was out still going out every day in the open.

But things changed on 30 March 2023. Here I was in the local Hospital purely for an X-Ray and nothing else because A young GP had panicked at me having breathing difficulties, and recommended the X-Ray. I wasn’t panicked I was recently shown by other GPs and the Pharmacy that this was caused as a side of the beta blockers I was on (Bisoprolol, replaced by Digoxin pills that are working fine).

In the hospital, however before the X-Ray could happen, I am called away by an A&E doctor who started asking things about how many pillows I need etc (alarm bells rang as this this meant they had empty beds to fill, while trying to look overworked, and I was needed to fill one, something I didn’t want to do).

Next thing 4 or 5 of his collegues confront me to say they want me to be an in-patient for 3 days/nights, this I refused on the spot, all my medical work (ECG scans and blood tests etc) were brought up-to-date three days earlier. I made it clear that I refuse all medical work on me as it is fully up to date.

To my shock, my refusal to have any treatment was ignored and I’m now placed on a Trolley and for the next 5-6 hours. Now I'm wheeled around cubicle to cubicle and put through repeated but unmonitored ECG scans (nobody even took note of them), and a couple of Blood tests all clearly to keep me in there until it is too late to leave.

Unfortunately for this A&E crew, the previous two weeks were full of several ECG scans through the proper channels (including regular, one 24-hour ECG that you wear home and even a Full-on Echo scan) plus keeping the blood tests up-to-date, so they had no reason to repeat them.

Remember there was no appointment to be there etc or outstanding medical work remaining on me, and at this point A&E still did not have my NHS Number or medical history, just a complete stranger in a 63 year old body who’d just given his name the admin desk.

By 19:30 one ECG scan had been running for over 90 minutes unmonitored when I said that is enough and demanded to be let home (the first unwanted scan was nearly 6 hours earlier).

It now looks like they desperately needed to fill an empty bed, as they needed to look overworked, and empty beds don't help that, and I looked like I might comply.

Now the problem is, since I tried to complain via the correct channels (PALS in the Hospital, even via GP and pharmacy) I’m now given short swift in both GP and Pharmacy, not being seen properly anymore.

I believe I caught something in that Hospital but no one will discuss it seriously anymore, in case they incriminate their colleagues in the Hospital. If I can catch something, who will catch it from me? Mum certainly caught something from me.

All from being wheeled against my will and under protest from cubicle to cubicle over 6 hours. So I now have Lung/breathing issues, always blocked nasal passages, but far worse my stomach had ballooned making walking unassisted very difficult, no reason for it, the rest of me looks like it is shrinking as a 63 yr old would do, but stomach is painful, plus having problems eating with an occasional swollen throat occasionally. None of these symptoms existed before 20 March.

So now very weak with no Doctors or Pharmacy wanting to listen, where do I turn?

I had moved back home to look after mum, but now mum (90 years old) watches me so ill and weak she takes care of me more.

too with the issues above and am truly scare of just being left to die as am now out of the loop for medical intervention.

Where do I go if locally I'm no longer getting anywhere for new medical issues?

Having experienced our NHS staff so far in 2023, I believe I could never trust them anymore.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

well buddy, i think there is some psych reasons they were keeping you. you sound paranoid and scattered. Hope you're feeling better now.

• Posted

I thought I was a unique case, but I'm coming across others all from N W London NHS area.

Different Hospital to me, the rest are from Central Middlesex Hospital, with the same thing, offered 3 nights in a bed, they refused but were ignored and kept against their will.

They lost their local GP/Doctors and Pharmacy differently in as much as these people ran away after the first or second nights once it became obvious there was no medical intervention coming, just filling an empty bed. But in Central Middlesex the local GP/Doctors and Pharmacy and Mental Health etc are all within the Hospital boundary, so running away meant running away from it all.

In my case I had the bottle to leave before the night beds scenario.

My Brother had the same at Central Middlesex, but saw it as 3 night without paying for bed & breakfast so took advantage of it. He had none of the promised medical work either.

• Posted

I thought I was a unique case, but I'm coming across others all from N W London NHS area.

Different Hospital to me, the rest are from Central Middlesex Hospital, with the same thing, offered 3 nights in a bed, they refused but were ignored and kept against their will.

They lost their local GP/Doctors and Pharmacy differently in as much as these people ran away after the first or second nights once it became obvious there was no medical intervention coming, just filling an empty bed. But in Central Middlesex the local GP/Doctors and Pharmacy and Mental Health etc are all within the Hospital boundary, so running away meant running away from it all.

In my case I had the bottle to leave before the night beds scenario.

My Brother had the same at Central Middlesex, but saw it as 3 night without paying for bed & breakfast so took advantage of it. He had none of the promised medical work either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.