Cannot pass bowel movements

Posted , 7 users are following.

can anyone help. I cannot go to the toilet unless I use a suppository that the doctor has given me. I can go over a week. I have been backwards and forwards to the doctor about this and just get fobbed off. My stools are not hard, they are soft I just don't get any urge or cramping that I normally used to get. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi paula08596

You really need your doc to send you for tests to find out why your bowel is not being stimulated to pass stool.....when did this start??...best wishes to you...

• Posted

How old are you?

How long have you had this problem?

Any blood in stools?

• Posted

Hi Paula,

Ur post grabbed my attention.

I have the same problem as you.

I dunno what I should do to have an urge.

Of course, still, I'm doing trial and error on different remedies...

Normally, no urge , it may happen after three or four days or a week...

Strangely, I only have the urge to empty my bowl when I am under a sudden and abrupt stress and excitement wink

A quick cramping and then you can guess the rest smile

If you find any effective solution please let me know.

And if I do find any remedy I will post here.

• Posted

If you've got simple constipation / slow transit colon and your female there is a drug called Prucalopride that can increase colonic motility.

• Posted

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your advice,

I will search for it and see what kinda medcine it is...

I hope it has the least side effects,

Because I was on some medicines before but they worked temporarily and because of their side effects I could not take them permanently!

Let's see how this one, you recommmended, will work for me!smile

• Posted

Hi Ben 

thanks will speak to my doctor and see if they can prescribe it. I don't get constipation it's just not actually getting the urge and being able to pass the motion. But thanks let's hope they listen.

• Posted

oh I'm 42 and Ive had the problem for over 5 years now but it's gradually got worse.

• Posted

Have you tried Prunes. They may help to some extent. Some other fibers can also help. Did you try any?
  • Posted

You need to keep going back to your doctor and insist on help.  If you still get nowhere, see someone else.  However, you could try introducing more fibre into your diet which is contained in vegetables and fruit. Try oranges grapes, or prune juice.  If this doesn't work, there may be another reason for your symptoms which your doctor should investigate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.