Cannot pee when I need to

Posted , 5 users are following.

May 15, 2018 had total hysterectomy, bladder and rectum repair and a sling....been 3 weeks....only a trickle when I should be able to pee...sit forever...worried that my bladder is full,,, mucous drainage and blood spotting from vagina and uretha...worried...do not trust surgeon...any advice appreciated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

HI

I am on Day 9 from my recovery from Total Hysterectomy and Vaginal Repair. Part of the conditions for my discharge were to pass the "void test". I had to have less than 200ml of fluid in my bladder each time I went to the toilet. I had to have 3 proper void tests until I could be discharged. I had 2, but because my family are all medical, they discharged me with the advice to go immediately to the ED if I had any symptoms that my bladder was not emptying correctly. This usually means you will bloat and feel pain in the bladder. I felt absolutely fine the more my bladder healed. You sound as though you are not voiding properly and should see a doctor. If this continues, you will end up quite sick.

• Posted

My insurance would not let me stay for renal retention...sent me home with catheter over nite...next day surgeon said all was good....had not even realized this problem till after appointment...very frustrated...thanks for your help

• Posted

Hi

I'm 5 weeks anterior and posterior repair no hysterectomy ( had that do e years ago) and no bladder sling. I too had 2 pass void test which I failed miserably and went home with catheter for a week then back 2 hospital and spent all day trying to empty my bladder enuf which eventually I did and went home. My bladder post surgery doesn't empty as quickly as it used to and now I also have bladder leakage which I didn't have before surgery. I think u might need a check up 2 make sure u don't have UTI I did after being catheterised 3 times. My doctor told me it can take a while for your bladder 2 start working again. If it not emptying your bladder and it's getting uncomfortable go to the ED asap. Best of luck. It's a horrible recovery. Not easy at all.

• Posted

Thank You for a very informative response...I am 68 and do not know anyone with this issue after bladder repair and sling...its sad to know there are so many of us with this annoying issue...many thanks
  • Posted

You say you don't trust surgeon?

Then if that's the case is if be getting a second opinion without fail.

You will not find the answer hun if you got no faith in your consultant.

• Posted

Very true...however finding out many women are having more problems after this surgery. I thought also my age 68...could be a factor as well...seeing my family doctor for a consult on Tuesday. Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
    • Posted

I would definitely see your consultant who did the Surgery..even better research another urogy n in your area and get a second opinion..Not weeing after 3 weeks isn't right at allx

• Posted

Definitely...all the advice gas given me confidence to take care of me and check this out...so happy to have been on this discussion site...had veen up so many nites with worry..thanjs much.
    • Posted

Don't worry anymore. Research on googl e urogyna in area,even if you have to travel and pay for first appointment.. At least you will know what Itscwrong. I travelled 4 hrs to see mine.. My friend had tvh and the sling was too tight she couldn't wee. Please seek second opinion.xc

• Posted

Thank you...will do...this site helped me realize that this can happen to many women...so nice of you to take time to help me.
  • Posted

Hi BossaNova,

I had anterior and posterior repair because of stage 4 cystocele and rectocele. I am 68 years old also  and my bladder worked great same day after surgery. I did have to pass the void test which I did same day so went home with no catheter. My dr and nurse both said that was not the norm for the bladder to get back into routine so quickly and that it usually takes time for it to wake up and get back into its full routine. However, I would definitely contact someone in the medical field either your primary care dr or surgeon just to be safe. Bladder infections can be quite serious!

Prayers for your bladder to wake up and get going ASAP!!🙏🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.