cannot tell if this is herpes or not for the life of me

Posted , 15 users are following.

hi everyone

I have an appointment with my gyno in about a week and a half and I intend on having her check me out as well but the anxiety is killing me.

this started after a shave with a new brand of razor a week and a half ago so I thought it might be an ingrown hair. popped it, no hair came out, kinda started to get a little worried. have been trying to leave it alone outside of putting neosporin on it. the skin over the initial bump turned white which started to freak me out a lot and as of yesterday there have been a couple more clear bumps - I popped those (i know, I need to stop messing with it) and now they're just flesh colored bumps.

imageimageimage

photos show the progession of the healing process, basically. the initial wound is looking better but the fact that more bumps have appeared is concerning to me. I have no itching and no significant pain (if I go a while without putting on more neosporin itll get a bit irritated but nothing major) but I really do not know why I would have bumps on my vagina unless its herpes??? I really do not want to spend all of my time before my appointment stressing about this so any help would be appreciated!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

does it hurt at all? does it burn?

• Posted

Regina - no burning for sure. the only time I feel anything is if I'm wearing tight bottoms so I've been avoiding that, and even then it's a very very minor pain, more irritating than anything. I've read that herpes doesn't always cause itching and burning though so I'm still kinda worried.

• Posted

it could be but also could be irritation! please dont freak out, show these to your doc when you get a chance

• Posted

it resembles herpes but honestly it could be anything! have you experienced any other symptoms--swelling, feeling under the weather?

• Edited

hey ive had a similar thing and have no idea whats going on lol. I keep touching them (they itch and ones really sore) image

Everything ive found says herpes but im hoping it just irritation (i shaved with a new razor, then had pretty rough sex). Im getting tested on friday so ill let you know!

• Posted

hey really! It got worse ill attatch pictures but i went to the doctor and she said its most likely herpes. the test is coming back in a few days. It def looks alot like it to me now.

Did yours end up looking like any of the pics i attatched? image

• Edited

hi all - just wanted to give an update - mine ended up being an ingrown hair. all bumps and marks are gone, i am back to being a smooth woman!!! thank you everyone for the help and advice it was very helpful with my anxiety.

• Posted

nothing about that resembles an ingrown hair.. looks very similar to herpes

• Edited

hey i know this was a while ago but i think we have the same problem what did you use to get rid of the bumps and marks ?

• Posted

hi! how did they determine it wasnt herpes? blood tests take months. i have literally the exact same thing ans i just want to make sure too:) i wish this whole process wasnt so scary! thank you for sharing everything too

• Posted

this looks like a classic mild herpes outbreak higky recommend a igg $ igm blood test renember it take sctual schooling to be a health care professional which neither one of us here have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.