Cant eat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Its like 1 week i cant eat at all,just once in a day,im not on any meds now,is there any ways to gain appetite?i lose my appetite becuz of my anxiety for a few days then it will be ok,but this time no change its getting worse every day.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ok this happened to me for 2 1/2 weeks when I suffered my first anxiety attack. So what you need to do is eat small, nutritious meals throughout the day (around every 3 hours). Stay away from too much greasy food during this time. Your appetite will start to come back! It might feel like an eternity but it won't be long smile if you have any questions just ask!
    • Posted

He's right. Small and often, I had the same problem too, (for about 3 months) also drink a lot of water, saliva promotes hunger

• Posted

For first days i was hungry but couldnt eat at at all now even im not hungry,did you were like you r not hungry?i realy hate even to say dat it shows me how much negative thoughts surrounded me :im thinking if it be a cancer symptom maybe! Thanks for replying julian,lol i i know you know i meet you in replies!!
    • Posted

Hi rawb thanks for replying,i will try it.
    • Posted

Yes of course, I like helping people who are going through what I've been through so you've seen me a lot haha! Ok so when it first started I didn't eat anything for two days, just water and crackers and soup. I thought I was really sick. But I realized after a week that it was my anxiety so I decided to eat even it was hard.
    • Posted

Nope I steered clear of anti depressants. (Thank god) I've done a lot of research into them and for a generalised anxiety disorder like mine I don't think they would have a positive effect. They'll just mask a problem. I just persevered. I made a food diary and realised I was only eating 900-1100 calories a day and drinking 1-1.5 litres of fluid a day. I slowly upped it to a healthy amount, I have 2.8 litres a day now and 2600 calories a day and I feel so much better for it. id recommend making a food diary for everyone on here with depression.
    • Posted

Or anxiety*
  • Posted

Small bits like breakfast bars will keep you going through the day and aren't too much effort so if you can get to a shop it'd be worth picking some up!
  • Posted

This happens to me. I use nutritiin shakes sold everywhere. Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry they even have fruit flavore. You need to stabilize sugar levels or it all gets worse. Cliff bars or protein bars  are good to eat with a shake at least twice a day until your appetite returns

• Posted

Beware, protein mixes and shakes are not meal replacements. Get onto solid food ASAP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.