Cant find an eye drop to suit me..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have high pressure (24) in both eyes. have tried Travatan. after a month, I suddenly got blind spots in the centre of my eyes..was changed to Monopost.this is leaving me very lightheaded, anxious,and fuzzy headed..now he has changed me to Timofluid. I am so afraid to start this,as it contains a beta blocker. and i am afraid it might lower my BP..too much,I suffer with Anxiety, and all this is not helping me atall...I havan't felt well from all this started three months ago...Can anyone give me advice please...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are various eye drops for Glaucoma. Once has to try various drops to reach at suitable drops for him/her self. I tried many eye drops. Some drops did not work ,some reduced my BP and some reduced my heart rate. Ultimately I settled down to Azopt twice a day and Travatan once a day. Eye being a delicate organ, I suggest you adhere to what the Doc prescribes. I am sure he will keep on changing the drops till you find a proper one for you.
  • Posted

Mariano, I too had concerns about using a beta blocker. However, when I did use one the results were ok. Being anxious usually raises blood pressure. I monitored my BP as did the doctor. There are more than one BB to choose from. I wish you well. Marion. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.  Did the beta blocker eye drops leave you dizzy..I am very afraid of this...Took oral beta blockers years ago for anxiety. and slept for nearly 2 days...granted the eye drops ,might not be as strong. to make a difference to my BP..could you let me know, the side effects you had please..xxx
  • Posted

Go on line and look up PRESERVATIVE FREE drops.   I use Zioptan (preservative free Latanoprost).   Some have different preservatives which aren't as bad as BAK.   Alphergan P is another one, but I felt like my vision was blurry, so I stopped;  I didn't even think it was helping.  Cannabis works if you smoke it and if it's legal.   But it only lasts for about 3 hours.    And of course, it does effect your vision, but it doesn't DAMAGE your eyes like I think most drops will if you  use them for years I use a self tonomoter to measure my pressures....sick of going to the eye dr just for that...it's like telling a diabetic to check their blood sugar every 3 months.   Check out FITEYES website...lots of great info and sharing of info.    Most of the members use self-tonometry to keep track of their pressures....Good luck to you my friend,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.