Cant get motivated to lose weight

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two years ago i was 13 stone and i lost two stone but it went bacm on again.I am only 5ft 1 so every pound shows.I just cant get started again and the bad weather isnt helping.I wafch the biggest loseron pick tv sun mornbut it would need to b on every day. Help me please someone.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Accepting that we are all different and our advice doesn't necessarily apply to everybody  I do believe that we can share common experiences. I decided that I was overweight nearly two years ago. It was obvious. I decided to try to lose weight and to treat it as a project. I either abstained or cut down dramatically on the usual suspects, added sugar, biscuits, sweets, chocolates and lost nearly tirty pounds. Hurrah you might say but I simply could not reach my target of 12 stone. My body is now quite old and I am not fit enough to exercise without damaging myself. I hit the wall. And remained at 12 1/2 stone even on around 1200kcal a day. I realised that weight loss becomes more difficult as it progresses. It's a bit like keeping a car stationary on a steep hill using the clutch alone. It is so easy to slip back. I found that I got rather fed up with the situation and couldn't motivate myself. It's as if we are on a journey and forget what why we wanted to reach our destination. Sorry, this is all a bit wordy. I suggest that you are in a very natural place. It's all a part of weight control. The battle does not end. I am now trying to set a smaller target for weight loss and I am seriously thinking about getting some advice or counselling from a registered dietition.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice about setting smaller targets never thought of that. I'm going to give it a try. You said you have got older now, as i am 56 the pounds are certainly harder to shift.I used to cycle 15km every day on the exercise bike while watching television had to sit on two cushions
  • Posted

Hi Gwen. I hope you are well. I am in a similar situation as I lost about 2 st and after lots of problems in my relationship and final split with my partner I went back to my previous weight. Weather is getting better now so there is a lot of opportunities for losing weight but there is also flip site as barbecue season has just started and resisting the temptation will be difficult.
    • Posted

My favorite time for losing weight is after Christmas or Easter then I can see fastest results on my scale smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.