Cant get out of my rut

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, i was hoping for some hope really.

I am a single female in my 30s.  I buried my dad last year and he was my last female member. This year I have had one cat die in February

and my other cat has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

my career has fallen apart. and am struggling to regain ground with it.

Recently, I have been dating someone and have come to realize this is probably a dead end

I am Christian and have sought God and attend church. It is very helpful but I am still so very hopeless as to ever thinking I will have true happiness. or even just a small bit of it.

I have friends but they cannot take me talking about this and I have to just stay quiet

i just dont know how to keep being resilent

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

oh i meant to say my last family member not female member
  • Posted

There is one thing that you will never get over a lost of a parent. I've lost both of mine and also a brother who was 40 at the time when he passed away. Are you on any medication from the doctor? (Antidepressants?). Also have you seen any bereavement councller?. I'm in a bad place atm so I'm back in touch with my doctor and in the middle of changing Meds. And also booked in to see a councillor too. I have good and bad days but I'm fighting it atm. I try and keep busy that's if I'm not to tired but some days depression gets the better of me.

• Posted

cant afford a counseler now but i do have some left over wellbutrin which im thinking i will have to go back on
  • Posted

Hi anon so sorry you're having a hard time... depression tends to do that. First thing that jumped out to me was you're saying your friends can't handle you talking about how you feel. Anon true friends want to hear what is hurting you they may not be able to fix you but if they care and listen that means the world to me. When someone has my back I feel cared about and loved. How about you? So sorry that you lost your dad that is hard I know I have had lots of loss  but time helps so does counseling. Grief is tough and everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace. Please stay close and let us know how you are. Diane

• Posted

my friends listen but it reaches a point where it is too much to keep saying the same things over and over in my depression to people. They cant do anything and even my pastor said not to burden even your closest friends coz it will be too much for them.

IDK why u tried to make me feel worse

• Posted

Hi Anon I can be your friend here if you don't mind smile

First of all, I wanna say that losing the ones you loved is hard to get over it in short time. But you're not the only one in this world who has to lose them one day. No you you are not. Your dad and your cat , they just physically disappear, but they're still in your remembrance. You can think of them anytime. Anyway, one of my favorite films, the Shawshank Redemption is so good portraying "Hope".  no matter how rough life is, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

You will find happiness!💖💖They may not know how to help you. I suppose. Don't ever give up. Keep pushing forward. Keep motivating yourself. Try some new hobbies. Go out more. 💕💕

• Posted

yes i am going out but feel empty
    • Posted

I understand the empty feeling it's the depression causing it. I know it's hard but there is hope. Therapy can help.💖👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.