Cant get rid of chlamydia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I dnt know how long I’ve had since I haven’t had sex for a while but I had a bad pain in lower back and testicles, I went to the emergency room got checked I han the chlamydia. Took  the 7 day doxycycline, still had symptoms so I took the two pills a day for 8 more days... I still feel the itch and believe I still have it 

Is there a stronger antibiotic than doxycycline 100mg tabs twiceca day? 

Never had it not this bad .. 

i haven’t had sex or anything since I’ve found out about it ..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry about your struggle!

I would go to a doctor and ask for a prescription for the highest dose of azithromycin , you can get about 250 or 500mg generally.

Sometimes your body reacts better to other antibiotics. I'm sure you just need something other than doxy to help you.

The other choice is rocephin. Which is the HIGHEST does you can take. And this is done by giving you an injection near your upper thigh or butt.

I'd suggest azithromycin first. Then. If symptoms persist move onto more intense antibiotics. ALSO please make sure you're eating yogurts with active and live cultures and drinking a bunch of water because high antibiotic use can clear out some good bacteria in your system so eat well and eat yogurt to help maintain those friendly bacteria while ridding the not so friendly ones!

Good luck !

• Posted

The two most commonly prescribed antibiotics for chlamydia are azithromycin and doxycycline. Erin has made a good suggestion above. 
    • Posted

I understand that but I wonder if it’s not working, I might of had this way long ago and did not know about it, and now i can’t get rid of it ... after that much doxycycline I imagined I’d be cured 

It will be 30 days since I move tested tomorrow, i guess I’m going to have to go again smh 💊💸 or I have a z pack which is 1000mg of azythromycin 

• Posted

Sometimes you need specific antibiotics to kill all of it! Your thought about the amount of doxy should be a cure isn't necessarily true.

It is highly likely that you can kill chlamydia since its a bacterial infection, you just gotta get the right antibiotic concoction to adequately cure it.

I hope this gives you some sort of peace of mind. Find a good doctor that knows what they are talking about to help you with what antibiotics you need.

Also a thought - it might take a little time for the symptoms to ease up so it might be gone but there are some residual symptoms so just make sure to get retested

• Posted

He's got to keep in mind that over medicating with antibiotics could result in antibiotic resistant bacterial strain, which could be life-threatening. Well, I'm sure the doctor will know to keep this in mind.

• Posted

*just gotta let the doctor know the history of medications taken and will take it from there. Trying azithromycin I think wouldn't hurt, but consult a doctor before definitely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.