Cant keep food down and cant keep many drinks down other than water

Posted , 4 users are following.

I havent been able to even smell food without getting sick to my stomach. Before i started getting sick ive been having these episodes where i cant breathe and everytime i take a breath i get this horrible unbarrable pain in my chest. The pain also is in my throat but its not the same feeling as a soar throat. And with these episodes even once i could start breathing again i shake for almost 3 hours.

A few days after i started having those episodes i started to just not be hungry at all all the time. Im never hungry. When i do eat i have to fight myself for an hour to not vomit. I can usually keep myself fromt vomitting when i start to gag if i drink a small amount of water. My stomach is in pain. And if i drink something other than flat pop or water it makes me feel weird. Ive also experienced dizziness which makes my eye sight funky for a minute. What is happening?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your dizziness will be caused by the electrolyte imbalance caused by your sickness and loose bowels. You can buy rehydration sachets from pharmacies and some supermarkets. This replaces lost sugars and salts.
  • Posted

Hi!

I don't know if you've ridden yourself of these symptoms yet, but if you have I second the people above saying it was probably a virus.

But honestly i was a little suprised to read the replies as your symptoms sound a lot like anxiety to me.

I don't know how your situation is in terms of social life, mental health, etc, but my roommate and I both have various anxiety disorders and your symptoms (while of course applying to many other viruses and health problems) are textbook anxiety symptoms.

It can be very tricky to identify, especially when you are not diagnosed with anxiety. For example, I once went to the doctor after not being able to breathe properly for two weeks (it felt like my ribcage was too small for my lungs and i felt sharp pain in my chest and throat, like you'd feel a stitch in your side) and he couldn't find anything other than fatigue. I realized, like, two months later it was stress from my job which I was having a lot of trouble with. This happened long after I got diagnosed and it still didn't occur to me.

Sometimes, I can't eat for days because stress is making me feel sick and my friend can't eat in school because social anxiety makes her nauseous.

Anxiety isn't only mental and has a lot of physical symptoms, which often manifest without you necessarily realizing you're stressed, or feeling the stress. It's a bit of a constant "oh. That one time I tought I had x or x, i was actually having an anxiety attack."

Maybe think about whether you've experienced potentially stressful things in the past days, or if there's been big changes in your life? If you're still experiencing those symptoms, feel like what I talked about might be what you have, you should maybe go see your GP and explain to them what you're going through and mention anxiety or stress, they can surely help you figure it out and direct you towards the appropriate treatment smile

Hope that helps!

• Posted

(GAD) Anxiety disorder

This sickness can bring about many a different symptom, (many).! Believe me I know.!!!

However, first see your PCP and ask that blood tests be administered to rule out any other illnesses... If all tests come back negative I'd ask to see a behavioral health therapist... Through questioning and observations a BHT may be able to help you either through anti anxiety medications or behavioral therapy exercises.!

I hope this help.... Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.