Skip to content

Eating Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Anorexia Nervosa , Bulimia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • erika159951 2

A child not eating

Hello, I have a friend, and she lives in a household with her husband, son, his wife and their child. Most of the family members are mainly all alcohol addicts apart from my friend, so of course, the atmosphere at home is very damaging and upsetting. She is really concerned, as the child is 11

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Annonymouss 3
  • anna67413 1

Bulimia

Have barely kept a single thing down for 2 months. 2 weeks ago I started getting huge pain in my head & ears. Pressure headaches that are 24/7 and my ears won't pop coz I guess they popped so may times when I vomited . Can't function at all due to this. Dr doesn't know what is wrong. Please help

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • anna67413 1

Bulimia

Have barely kept a single thing down for 2 months. 2 weeks ago I started getting huge pain in my head & ears. Pressure headaches that are 24/7 and my ears won't pop coz I guess they popped so may times when I vomited . Can't function at all due to this. Dr doesn't know what is wrong. Please help

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • serenadavis 1

Pregnancy and ED support

I just found this support group tonight and am really hoping there are active mommies or mommies to be on here. I have had an ED since around 12 yo. I suffered from anorexia, body dysmorphia and binge eating, and learned to be bulimic (purging) when my youngest was around a year old, in 2009. I'

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • katy48083 2

Reassurance!

Hi, so, I dont know if I am over reacting but maybe some resassurence would be good too. Im 17 years old and Im short, just over 5ft, and I weight 42kg. I have this desire to be skinny and be the smallest out of the people I know or see because I feel this is right due to my height.  I track my

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • katlouise1989 4

Rapid weight gain...anyone experienced this in anorexia recovery?

I'm currently seeing a dietitian fortnightly, and today was a weigh day. My weight had shot up 2kg and I have really freaked out. My dietitian wasn't clear what it could be when we analysed my intake - although she suspects some bloating potentially as it wouldn't be possible to gain that much

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • UhOhBro 2

I Eat Constantly!

I eat constantly. When I'm bored, I eat. When I'm in public with food, I eat. I think about food, and food is in my mouth. I weigh probably around 120lb I'm skinny and have two kids. I know when to stop eating and when I do get to my limit, I eat constantly again! What is wrong with me?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • amycathy 2

Looking for some adivce

Hi, a very close friend of mine has been diagnosed with an eating disorder. She has only just told me about I didn't notice. She just seemed so happy with where she is right now. I'm yet to have a face to face conversation with her, and I don't want to say the wrong thing.  I've got a lot

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Wildrover 2

Taken too many laxatives

This past few days I've been taking an awful lot of dulcolax. Today I am feeling totally ill. How can I avoid feeling like this. I have four young children at home and am not coping too well

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bobbi83 1

potential health issues from eating disorders hindering recovery

Begining with a brief history. I'm nearly 33 I've had some form of eating disorder since I was 11. I've never been diagnoised, but I have diagnoised myself with EDNOS. At the age of 11 I began to abuse laxatives. For the most part until I was 18 this was mostly what I did to "purge". At 18 I

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • RG123 1

I will beat this!

I've suffered from bullemia for about five years. I've tried to stop and can usually do it for about a month, but then end up slipping back into my bad habits. I binged then threw up this afternoon but have decided that it is the last time. I am going to get my life back on track and become a

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ysaeen81373 3

Need help plz help

I've been vomiting after eating for soo long I'm 26 now but I'm very worried now as I'm getting symtoms to fatigue weak legs weak arms and other problems to like gas. Can this happen anyone here that gets fatigue

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • AstraP 1

I Have A Disinterest In Eating, Any Idea Why?

Every time I see food on the stove or in the lunch line I don't feel like I can eat it because it just doesn't look appealing. A family member insisted that I eat some Chinese food they bought last night and I made a bowl and I couldn't eat all of it and I didn't even get a lot of it. I tried to

• AndPeggy 1

Is it an eating disorder?

Hey I'm new to these forums , I just have a question I thought it would be good to ask outright instead of obsessing over online tests like I have been. I'm a 13 year old girl in australia. My whole life I've always been "petite" I guess, but lately I think Its getting more noticeable, at least to

• tnetennba 1

I feel so fat... but I can't stop binge eating.

Hi I hope you're all well. Anyway, here's my ramble: I can't stop binge eating. I want to stop but I don't know how. I started to binge last year, in around September, when I started university. I'd binge eat (on biscuits, chocolate, cereal, etc) at an almost daily basis. I wouldn't stop -

14 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • kiera88 1

I cant eat!

I havent been eating in almost a I eat its only two to three bites when I get full.I also find mucus in my stool twice.I was 105 pounds now im 95 pounds.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sandra0710 1

HELP ME SOMEBODY!

My name is Sandra, I'm 25 years I'm "5.1" I weight 150 I used to weight less like I have a daughter she's 5 Ok this never happens to me before I eat all day I don't know how many meals I eat I get hungry and hungry and hungry I don't know why I could eat everything and my

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • nicole 33114 2

Doctors found out I'm anorexic and I'm not happy.

So I had to go to the doctors for something unrelated to my ED, upon the visit my height and weight was took which is where my doctor grew concerned. My BMI is low enough to be admitted in to a clinic, so she pressed for answers.. I followed suit and the more in depth it got the more concerned she

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kirsty32448 3

meal plan

I have recntly been discharged from an eating disorder unit and was not given a plan to follow. i am really struggling with this and was wodenring if any one has an example i could follow?

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sam23890 2

Visious cycle as mind never switches of

Hi. I've noticed that when I have a treat at night or something that wasn't scheduled on my meal plan. .I lay awake worrying about it. Does anyone have any tips to help me relax more as I'm not sleeping well which makes everything worse. I had 2 jammy dodgers last night and because id already had

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • rosie64090 1

My eating disorder is making me ill

I'm 24 and since I can remember I have had some sort of food phobia. I can only eat the food I ate when I was 4 years old and I'm terrified to try anything different. Even when I want too (like chicken for example) when I get the fork near my mouth I go into a panic. My parents took me to the

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • GabbyF 2

Major relapse.. I need someone else's opinion rather than my own.

When I was 12 I had been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and at the time EDNOS (I'm not familiar with the new term.) I had developed cysts in my liver and sludge in my gall bladder. It was when I was 15 that I could say I had 'recovered', I still felt guilty and worried sometimes though. I was

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • InfiniteGirl06 1

I'm scared I'm going to become Bulimic

Im scared I'm going to become Bulimic. Quite recently , Whenever I've eaten a big meal or some unhealthy food, I've thought bout eating more until I feel sick and so then I can go and make myself sick it back up. Earlier today, I ate a lot of chcolate and as I lay down I felt as if I could feel all

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sam23890 2

Support from another

HI I am currently in the process of recoverey and after looking at some of the recent posts I thought I would ask if anyone was intrested in befriending with me through our journey. The most importanrt thing I have learnt is that support is the best tool in getting to where ou want to be, even more

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • megan12345 2

Is it an eating disorder like before

It's almost 2017 and I don't want to feel this way anymore I want to be able to eat and not feel guilty or not worry about my weight and wear clothes to hide it. Is it Still an eating disorder because my mind tells me it isn't it was bad before I went to 98 pounds but tried to eat normal so I

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • maddie80220 1

I feel fat, depressed and I need help

I am obssesed with weighing myself and I dont like to eat however my family make me, as I am still living at home. However, if I dont eat my family will make me get help and I really dont want that. I am 160cm and between 63-64 kilos changing on a daily basis. I have a growing fear of gaining

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • penelope123 2

Do i have BED now?!?!

I'm not sure when I became anorexic but my dieting began in April of 2015 and got more and more restrictive throughout the following months until every day i was only having about 400-700 cals and was literally terrified of eating anything that wasn't an apple or lettuce. When I lost close to 40

• Kacxb86 2

Someone called me FAT :(

My husband has been receiving harrassing and malicious phone calls lately theyre pretending to be his girlfriend and saying theyre going to marry him. When i said to stop calling from a witheld number they said shut it Fatty. Ive battled with anorexia and bulimia for 10 years. I started to get

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sam23890 2

New motivation/copong skill

Hi there I really need some advise in some coping skills when I can't stick to my meal plan or feel the need to weigh myself or exercise excessively. I gave been in recovery for over 8 years and I'm eating well but still underweight through my active lifestyle and my "safe choices" i need to gain

• sdas18 1
  • kirsty32448 3

recovery

I was recently in a eating disorder unit but since i have come out i have had a relapse and lost some weight. i am scared to put it back on and am unsure of how much i should be eating to gain and then how much to maintain. can anyone help please?

• danielle27006 1

how much will i loose

hello. i am 170cm and weigh 70kg. how much will i loose if i do not eat for 3 days and burn 600 cal a day? thanks 

• katlouise1989 4

Recovery is possible...keep fighting

Hello all, I am 27 and have suffered with an eating disorder since the age of 11. So a very long time. During this time I have been hospitalised 3 times, have suffered with a long absence with my period, osteopenia, heart arrythmias and so on. The last couple of years have been an amazing journey,...

• sam23890 2

I hate feeling so yuk all the time

Hi all. Really need some advise on how I can come over the one hurdle that's holding me back. I've been in recovery for 3 years now and I'm still really unhappy. I'm underweight but can't seem to get over the fact I bloated and uncomfortable. I punish myself for not getting food out so

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions