Skip to content

Eating Disorders

Also known as Anorexia Nervosa , Bulimia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Guilt

I'm so struggling with this fling anxiety and depression anorexia bpd and sheer loneliness just spent half an hour on exercise bike then hour on Wii tennis !!!! Eaten half a ryvita with a bit of cheese and big glass of vodka ,now I just want more to eat my stomach is screaming yes and head screaming...

Last reply
  • Eating disorder

hi My name is Sarah. A couple months ago I had dehydration during our game my coach was terrified of what happened to me so he decided to take me to the hospital. A couple weeks after that I was okay. About two months later I started having a hard time keeping my food down. There was this constant...

Last reply
  • I can’t eat, but why? I’m so hungry..

I feel so so hungry, I feel like I haven’t eaten in a week. But that’s because I haven’t. I feel hungry, but any time I eat, I take one bite and I feel absolutely sick. I feel like I’m so full I’m just gonna throw up, but I’m not full, I still feel very hungry. At the same time, even. I don’t understand...

Posted
  • Anyone have ARFID (Avoidance/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)

If you don't know what Avoidance/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder is I feel these websites sum it up well and quickly: nationaleatingdisorders.org... eatingdisorder.org/blog/cat... Ive always hated food and had no interest in it my whole life.... i have no issues with weight gain... I want to gain...

Last reply
  • I obsessed with my weight Help!!

I am severely obsessed with my weight and can’t stop. I weigh myself 2-3 times a day and get depressed and won’t eat if I go up a pound. I will only eat up to 1000 calories and only to that cause I have to to be able to go to the gym per my mom and friends rule.  I have to burn at least 411 calories...

Posted
  • My heart feels like is hopping

I have bulimia and tbis seemed to start after a purge. Iv eaten pickles and a banana and alot of water and a veg burger to make sure my electrolyted are alright. But it seems to keep doing this wierd hop thong every few minutes. I dont have any other symptoms . Should i be worried?

Last reply
  • Food makes me sick!

I have noticed that in now over 8 months I have been experiencing a kind of food sickness?? when i eat i feel that it stops in my stomach and dont want to pass. like food is felt in the back of my mouth in a way.. it is very uncomfortable. latley i have been having major headaches mostly in the back...

Last reply
  • could this be an eating disorder?

Hello. I am 15, 165 cm tall, around 45~46 kg. I barely have any appetite to eat. Now it's winter holidays, so I sleep at around 1 am and wake up at 11 am. When I get up, if there's anything in the fridge I like (which is very rare), I would eat it.But lately, it's as if I'm forcing myself...

Last reply
  • Struggling

I'm so struggling with the anxiety of the anorexia just want to lose weight but can't as using alcohol to cope I'm restricting all day. I don't eat at all until about 7 this week will be cup a soup but binged on crisps at weekend so feeling really bad just so hard !! Not sure how long...

Last reply
  • Struggling with bulimia. Need help

I've been struggling with bulimia for the past 7 months and i REALLY need help. I went to my GP as soon as it started and she referred me to the eating disorders service. I have been waiting for the last 6 months and i STILL have not got an appointment with them. I have called them several times...

Last reply
  • Hypnotherapy and eating disorders?????

I was wondering if anyone had ever looked into, considered it has actually had hypnotherapy for their eating disorder? I've read testimonies of people who have almost cured all their disordered eating habits through it but I'm not sure or if an eating disorder really can only be helped through...

Last reply
  • Feeling fat

Its boxing day early morning ive been awake for hours as feeling horrible about myself. I feel fat and bloated iate more than i wanted yesterday! A bowl of veg a piece of toblerone and some peanuts and alcohol, feel so depressed today just cant cope with feeling like this and to make it worse im going...

Last reply
  • Trying to recover from anorexia considering breast enlargement

Hi I'm new to this but feel I need to talk to someone. I have suffered from anorexia for the past 12 years and have tried recovering many times. I have recently got too my lowest weight and thought enough us enough and been trying to recover by myself for the past 3 days I have started eating three...

Last reply
  • Fear of eating

What should I do? I've been depressed because everytime I eat, I feel anxious and nervous as if I am really scared of eating. My heart beat so fast and I was trembling, all I wanted is escape from eating but the truth is I wanted to overcome this fear of eating. Please me to recover.

Last reply
  • I can’t stop bingeing!!

I constantly binge eat, especially in the evening after a main meal and dessert!! I’m not hungry! I eat as an emotional response to everything and anything!! I don’t know how to stop. It’s very distressing, not healthy behaviour and I’m growing fatter and fatter! Please help/advise. I feel so alone with...

Posted
  • Laxatives

I am diagnosed anorexic and am at my lowest weight ever I abuse laxatives massively about 30-40 a day but suffer extreme stomach pains which I am on tramadol for was wondering if anybody else experienced these pains and what they do to help with the pain ? 

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed

Just diagnosed with bulimia after years of struggling, starting my guided self help next week, just want to end this endless cycle of binging and laxative abuse, really could use some advice.

Last reply
  • Gain weight and psoriasis

Hi I'm 180 cm and only 60 kg, I also have psoriasis, when I eat I have nausea. I used dexamethasone and everything was fine, but because of side effects I stopped using it. But now I'm looking for some medicines else Thanks in advance

Posted
  • Laxative abuse

Hi guys, i used to have an eating disorder. Only ever taken a whole pack of laxatives the once and that was 3 years ago. Since then every few months I go through a period of having 5/6 every couple of days. This isn’t weekly. I could go few months of having a good patch and I won’t touch them then I’ll...

Last reply
  • High calorie, easy to drink drinks

I struggle to eat to gain weight I just can't get myself to eat high amounts like I should... but I really want to recover i really want to get better and i find it easier to drink than eat. However my stomach is very sensitive and can become full and feel sick and bloated and painful very easily......

Last reply
  • Feeling Nausea at the sight of food

Sometimes the thought of eating makes me nausea and i cant stand to stomach to eat anything especially when someone is offering me food or snacks i tend to get this eeeerrrrrrgggg feeling when offered.

Last reply
  • I haven't been eating as much as I used to

I use to eat a lot and I mean a lot. I'm rather chubby, So this is weird for me to not want to eat anymore. When I try to eat I only eat half a plate. For example I would eat 3 or 4 pieces of pizza, Now i can only eat 1 or 2. Then i feel full and I won't be hungry for at least 5 or 6hrs. Should...

Last reply
  • no motivation to eat

A while ago I went through a few months of disordered eating. I got sent to a psychiatrist but they sent me away saying “you’re just a teenager”. Eventually I began eating more normally again and got back to a healthier weight. However now I don’t exactly hate my body like I used to, I just have no motivation...

Last reply
  • I need help walking through food issues with my girlfriend.

My girlfriend is pretty bad about eating.  If she can't decide what she would like to eat then she just doesn't eat.  We were at my mom's this weekend and they made us breakfast.  My girlfriend ate hardly a spoon full of the grits and half of a biscuit.  We were on the...

Last reply
  • I have not been eating latley.

I used to eat a lot and weigh 120 its been like three months and I don't eat really and weigh 111.I've been going through some hard times and been stressing a lot but I cant stop it.Then when I try to drink something like water I cant drink it.I've been feeling...

Last reply
  • How to recover?

Hi I’ve never done anything like this before and spoken out about my eating disorder. I have had bulimia for 6 years now and managed to live these years with my eating disorder seemingly unnoticed by everyone (apart from my husband obviously, and a couple of friends) But it is just now I’m staring...

Last reply
  • binge eating help

So ive been struggling alot lately i used to b im control weighed less but it didnt last now i cant stop binge eating and its taking a hold some times i make myself sick , i have gained weight i nust dont know wat to do anymore on top of this ive started self harming again my thighs are now ugly its...

Last reply
  • What should I tackle first? Overeating or anxiety/depression

hi all, I have been anxious all of my life; as a kid I was 'highly strung' according to the GP, 'a bit of a worrier' according to my mum and dad. I had my first panic attack at 17 and have suffered peaks and troughs of anxiety since then. Since mum died three years ago and my dad died...

Last reply
  • light at the end of the tunnel

Hey my name is Gemma, I am 21 years of age. I am a survivor of anorexia, I suffered from anorexia when I was 13. Recently I started my own blog about my story of battling and recovering with anorexia and my on going battle with depression. I want to help other sufferers and help them see things get better....

Last reply
  • Can't stop late night binges

I've always had a weird relationship with food. as a child I was very skinny and sporty and as a teen i had periods where i wouldn't eat anything for days and periods where i would have ice cram and crisps every single day. I don't think i ever saw myself as other people did. I always felt...

Last reply
  • ADHD meds and eating disorder

Hi, I'm hoping that I'm posting in the right place. I'm a 40 year old mom of 3 who has had bulimia for over 20 years. I also restrict, chew and spit, pretty much just sick and tired of living this way. I was curious if anyone has ever been on ADHD medication to help with bulimia? I've...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.