Skip to content
Ad

Eating Disorders

Also known as Anorexia Nervosa , Bulimia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cant keep food down and cant keep many drinks down other than water

I havent been able to even smell food without getting sick to my stomach. Before i started getting sick ive been having these episodes where i cant breathe and everytime i take a breath i get this horrible unbarrable pain in my chest. The pain also is in my throat but its not the same feeling as a soar...

Last reply
  • I cant eat properly

Ive been very depressed lately and i havent been able to eat for about a week my parents force me to eat but i eat a very small amount, the days when i dont eat i dont feel hungry i just feel pain in my stomach and feel dizzy Also when i eat i vomit afterwards because I went to a doctor and she told...

Last reply
  • BMI and hospital admission

Does anyone know what BMI a doctor can admit a person into a UK hospital and could this person refuse admission or be forced into admission?  Thanks

Last reply
  • Wife has left me to move home after anorexia and binge eating

Hi Sorry, this might ramble on and I’m new here so please bear with me. I’m having a very difficult time, as my wife, who has suffered with anorexia and Binge eating disorder over the last 20 months, has left me to return to Ireland and I’m at a loss to what to do.  Trying to cut this short, she...

Last reply
  • What should I do?

I've always had really bad anxiety and roughly a year ago I was having stomach issues and had my gallbladder removed. Before my surgery I would get sick every time that I ate. Afterwards, I had a constant feeling of anxiety toward eating for fear that I would get sick in front of people. I pretty...

Last reply
  • Does it have a name.

Hi, this is my first post and I'm stuggling to write this but I'm a 30 year old female. I've recently gone through a nasty relationship break up. It was a toxic relationship that has really messed my head up. I'm on antidepressants as a result and my doctor has also diagnosed me with...

Last reply
  • In Recovery Anorexic, Sick with Something New Every Week?

Hi, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, so I'm sorry. But I'm kinda desperate at this point.  Some background: I've been anorexic since I was 8, I'll be 19 in less than a week, but it got very serious when I was 16. I'm 5'2 and weighed 60 pounds....

Last reply
  • Recovery plan

Hiya Does any body have an eating disorder (annorexia) recovery meal plan i could take a look at please? Need help dont want to go back into a unit Thank You

Last reply
  • Metabol After anorexia weight restoration

My question is, the higher my recovery calories, the higher my maintenance after recovery? Say i recovered by eating 6000+ cals a day, would i be able to maintain at 4000 ish ?? Please you guys this is urgent, i dont want to recover physically and end up restricting myself again cause i might spiral...

Last reply
  • Can't stop late night binges

I've always had a weird relationship with food. as a child I was very skinny and sporty and as a teen i had periods where i wouldn't eat anything for days and periods where i would have ice cram and crisps every single day. I don't think i ever saw myself as other people did. I always felt...

Last reply
  • A child not eating

Hello, I have a friend, and she lives in a household with her husband, son, his wife and their child. Most of the family members are mainly all alcohol addicts apart from my friend, so of course, the atmosphere at home is very damaging and upsetting. She is really concerned, as the child is 11 years...

Last reply
  • First Trimester Pregnancy and Recovery from Anorexia

I have dealt with disordered eating and poor body image since I was about 4 years old and anorexia really started to take hold at around 16 years of age. I am now 28 and about 10 weeks pregnant. I have been a crying mess and just feeling absolutely disgusting and huge and the ED is becoming quite loud...

Last reply
  • Taken too many laxatives

This past few days I've been taking an awful lot of dulcolax. Today I am feeling totally ill. How can I avoid feeling like this. I have four young children at home and am not coping too well

Last reply
  • Severe pain with lexapro

I was put on lexapro about a month ago. After only a few days I started feeling stiff and sore. Then with every day it became worse. My hip hurt so bad I could barely walk I felt like I had been crippled. My back was killing me I hurt all over. The medicine did take my depression away and another benefit...

Posted
  • Meal plan for weight gain

Hiya I was just wondering of any one has an examples of a weight gain meal plan. I was in a eating disorder unit last year and i have let my weight slip but beofre i get addmitted again id like to try and restore my weight by myself but dont have a plan to go by. Thank You  

Last reply
  • Selective Eating Disorder?

I have all of the symptoms of a selective eating disorder, except it says that a fear of weight gain is not usually associated with it. I have a massive fear of gaining weight and I am constantly thinking about it, and I often prevent myself from eating in order to try and lose weight. I refuse to try...

Last reply
  • Bulimia

Have barely kept a single thing down for 2 months. 2 weeks ago I started getting huge pain in my head & ears. Pressure headaches that are 24/7 and my ears won't pop coz I guess they popped so may times when I vomited . Can't function at all due to this. Dr doesn't know what is wrong....

Posted
  • Bulimia

Have barely kept a single thing down for 2 months. 2 weeks ago I started getting huge pain in my head & ears. Pressure headaches that are 24/7 and my ears won't pop coz I guess they popped so may times when I vomited . Can't function at all due to this. Dr doesn't know what is wrong....

Posted
  • Pregnancy and ED support

I just found this support group tonight and am really hoping there are active mommies or mommies to be on here. I have had an ED since around 12 yo. I suffered from anorexia, body dysmorphia and binge eating, and learned to be bulimic (purging) when my youngest was around a year old, in 2009. I've...

Last reply
  • Reassurance!

Hi, so, I dont know if I am over reacting but maybe some resassurence would be good too. Im 17 years old and Im short, just over 5ft, and I weight 42kg. I have this desire to be skinny and be the smallest out of the people I know or see because I feel this is right due to my height.  I track my...

Last reply
  • I Eat Constantly!

I eat constantly. When I'm bored, I eat. When I'm in public with food, I eat. I think about food, and food is in my mouth. I weigh probably around 120lb I'm skinny and have two kids. I know when to stop eating and when I do get to my limit, I eat constantly again! What is wrong with me?

Posted
  • Looking for some adivce

Hi, a very close friend of mine has been diagnosed with an eating disorder. She has only just told me about it... I didn't notice. She just seemed so happy with where she is right now. I'm yet to have a face to face conversation with her, and I don't want to say the wrong thing.  I've...

Last reply
  • I will beat this!

I've suffered from bullemia for about five years. I've tried to stop and can usually do it for about a month, but then end up slipping back into my bad habits. I binged then threw up this afternoon but have decided that it is the last time. I am going to get my life back on track and become a...

Last reply
  • Need help plz help

I've been vomiting after eating for soo long I'm 26 now but I'm very worried now as I'm getting symtoms to fatigue weak legs weak arms and other problems to like gas. Can this happen anyone here that gets fatigue

Last reply
  • I Have A Disinterest In Eating, Any Idea Why?

Every time I see food on the stove or in the lunch line I don't feel like I can eat it because it just doesn't look appealing. A family member insisted that I eat some Chinese food they bought last night and I made a bowl and I couldn't eat all of it and I didn't even get a lot of it....

Last reply
  • Is it an eating disorder?

Hey I'm new to these forums , I just have a question I thought it would be good to ask outright instead of obsessing over online tests like I have been. I'm a 13 year old girl in australia. My whole life I've always been "petite" I guess, but lately I think Its getting more noticeable,...

Last reply
  • I feel so fat... but I can't stop binge eating.

Hi I hope you're all well. Anyway, here's my ramble: I can't stop binge eating. I want to stop but I don't know how. I started to binge last year, in around September, when I started university. I'd binge eat (on biscuits, chocolate, cereal, etc) at an almost daily basis. I wouldn't...

Last reply
  • I cant eat!

I havent been eating in almost a month.When I eat its only two to three bites when I get full.I also find mucus in my stool twice.I was 105 pounds now im 95 pounds.

Last reply
  • HELP ME SOMEBODY!

My name is Sandra, I'm 25 years old... I'm "5.1" I weight 150 I used to weight less like 110... I have a daughter she's 5 months... Ok this never happens to me before I eat all day I don't know how many meals I eat I get hungry and hungry and hungry I don't know why I could...

Last reply
  • Doctors found out I'm anorexic and I'm not happy.

So I had to go to the doctors for something unrelated to my ED, upon the visit my height and weight was took which is where my doctor grew concerned. My BMI is low enough to be admitted in to a clinic, so she pressed for answers.. I followed suit and the more in depth it got the more concerned she grew....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.