Skip to content

Eating Disorders

Also known as Anorexia Nervosa , Bulimia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Do I have Anorexia Nervosa?

Hello, I don’t know where else to post something like this but I feel I may have an eating disorder. I see myself as morbidly obese, my perception of myself is rolls of fat all over me and I look swollen in my face. However, my family say that I am very thin and have had comments from a nurse to say...

Last reply
  • Anorexia set back in my 50. I am so helpless

I was anorexic and bulimic during my 20 up to my 40, except when I was pregnant. Lately, I don't know why, I slowly started to exercise and stopped eating. I lost 30 pounds in one pounds. I was 125, I am now 96. I though this would never happen again. I am so fearful. I am so scared to be hospitalized...

Last reply
  • Anorexia Recovery - Digestive distress - HELP!

Hi there Im new to the site and am looking for any info please if possible? Ive recently started a new recovery plan and into week 4 of eating and doing well with Refeeding. But I hit week 4 and BANG - my stomach won't empty quick enough, apparently its normal part of recovery ?? Anyway after...

Last reply
  • Intermittent Fasting?

Hi folks. Just looking for some advice on fasting if your suffering bulimia.. Let me explain I have noticed that whenever i wake up i have zero urges to binge & purge.. The urge only becomes apparent after i eat food. Yesterday i woke and had no breakfast and had zero urges.. I fasted until 1...

Last reply
  • exercise anxiety

I am scared of gaining weight or being out of shape when I go travelling with my friends for a week, because my daily workout plan will be ruined. I am scared and feel anxious when I could not exercise everyday. Can anyone please comfort me and tell me what should I do?

Posted
  • Seeking Eating Disorder Treatment Referral

So I don't know if anyone in here as any experience with eating disorder treatment facilities. I am looking for a place for my daughter and have found a place called Rosewood Ranch. Has anyone had any experiences with this place or a good place that they could recommend? Thanks in advance for taking...

Last reply
  • Do I have an problem?

So I got ill about a month ago with vomiting, but then I started to lose weight so I started making my self sick after meals, and now I’m struggling to keep anything down even fluids, I don’t want to approach my doctors just yet but I have uncontrollable vomiting from just drinking, the doctors at the...

Last reply
  • Barely eaten in 2-3 weeks and I don’t know why

So about 2 to 3 weeks ago I’ve probably only eaten one to two meals a day, mostly just one. And I was the type of person that would eat or want to eat all the time. But then I had decided that I wanted to stop drinking pop and eat a little healthier, so I did that and then ever since then I don’t...

Last reply
  • Bulimia Relapse

Im a 31 yr old male. I have had Bulimia on and off for a few year. It was triggered in my mid 20's. I was fairly overweight in my early 20's and i met a partner. I felt like i needed to change and get myself *healthier* so i dieted for around 5 month straight and had zero issues. I dropped 4...

Posted
  • Help

Hi, ​My wife for a while has been wondering if I have an eating disorder and I', beginning to wonder if she's right. ​Once upon a time in my life I didn't think at all about weight, calories etc. One day though I realised how much weight I'd put on. ​Since that time, about 6 years...

Last reply
  • I can’t stop bingeing!!

I constantly binge eat, especially in the evening after a main meal and dessert!! I’m not hungry! I eat as an emotional response to everything and anything!! I don’t know how to stop. It’s very distressing, not healthy behaviour and I’m growing fatter and fatter! Please help/advise. I feel so alone with...

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed Bulimia

After years of undiagnosed bulimia, I think I'm ready to seek help. However, I'm embarrassed. I'm 35 and overweight. How will anyone take me seriously? I recently confided in my best friend, as I'm too ashamed to tell anyone else, but I was crying so hard, I could hardly speak. I have...

Last reply
  • Struggling

Feeling very despondent I struggle mentally and physically with the ed , I was told yesterday that they are stopping my support worker . I had support for just 2 hrs every other week and he took me food shopping for my son. I really struggle physically as very weak , I know people will say do it online...

Last reply
  • Realising my bad habits.

So I've only recently started to notice that my eating habits aren't 'normal'. I've always struggled with my weight especially as a young teen (around 12-15) as I was always slightly over weight. Thinking back at it now my eating habits started changing when I reached 16 (I'm...

Last reply
  • In hospital very weak and need ng fitted

I’m seriously ill in hospital and can’t get out of bed at all I’m on a normal ward and awaiting a gastro bed to have a ng tube fitted does anybody have any experience of ng tubes and if u can go home with one fitted ? 

Last reply
  • Menopause

I have a question about periods and eating disorders. I haven't had a period for about 10 years but I am only 31 and I have been underweight or exercised excessively when of healthy weight since the age of about 19 years old. I know this isn't healthy but it is what it is. Anyway, my questions...

Last reply
  • Things about overweight people that people fail to realize.

I used to be overweight when I was a teen. So that right there tells you about my genetics. And yet it seems that's still one thing people like to laugh about. They laugh whenever someone says they're overweight because of genetics. But it's true! When I was overweight, I didn't really...

Last reply
  • What should I tackle first? Overeating or anxiety/depression

hi all, I have been anxious all of my life; as a kid I was 'highly strung' according to the GP, 'a bit of a worrier' according to my mum and dad. I had my first panic attack at 17 and have suffered peaks and troughs of anxiety since then. Since mum died three years ago and my dad died...

Last reply
  • I feel so fat... but I can't stop binge eating.

Hi I hope you're all well. Anyway, here's my ramble: I can't stop binge eating. I want to stop but I don't know how. I started to binge last year, in around September, when I started university. I'd binge eat (on biscuits, chocolate, cereal, etc) at an almost daily basis. I wouldn't...

Last reply
  • Lost 26 pounds Never feel hungry

I been to the doctor casue I never get hungry and worry something wrong with me . I been to a gastroenterologist and they have done a upper endoscopy and everything is fine and also a ct scan of my stomach. What could casue me to never feel hungry , food never get me sick or anything or no pain .. 

Last reply
  • I obsessed with my weight Help!!

I am severely obsessed with my weight and can’t stop. I weigh myself 2-3 times a day and get depressed and won’t eat if I go up a pound. I will only eat up to 1000 calories and only to that cause I have to to be able to go to the gym per my mom and friends rule.  I have to burn at least 411 calories...

Last reply
  • Bulimia

Ive been bulimic for a long time just looking for some support

Last reply
  • Bulimia

Ive been bulimic for a long time just looking for some support

Last reply
  • Guilt

I'm so struggling with this fling anxiety and depression anorexia bpd and sheer loneliness just spent half an hour on exercise bike then hour on Wii tennis !!!! Eaten half a ryvita with a bit of cheese and big glass of vodka ,now I just want more to eat my stomach is screaming yes and head screaming...

Last reply
  • Eating disorder

hi My name is Sarah. A couple months ago I had dehydration during our game my coach was terrified of what happened to me so he decided to take me to the hospital. A couple weeks after that I was okay. About two months later I started having a hard time keeping my food down. There was this constant...

Last reply
  • I can’t eat, but why? I’m so hungry..

I feel so so hungry, I feel like I haven’t eaten in a week. But that’s because I haven’t. I feel hungry, but any time I eat, I take one bite and I feel absolutely sick. I feel like I’m so full I’m just gonna throw up, but I’m not full, I still feel very hungry. At the same time, even. I don’t understand...

Posted
  • Anyone have ARFID (Avoidance/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)

If you don't know what Avoidance/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder is I feel these websites sum it up well and quickly: nationaleatingdisorders.org... eatingdisorder.org/blog/cat... Ive always hated food and had no interest in it my whole life.... i have no issues with weight gain... I want to gain...

Last reply
  • My heart feels like is hopping

I have bulimia and tbis seemed to start after a purge. Iv eaten pickles and a banana and alot of water and a veg burger to make sure my electrolyted are alright. But it seems to keep doing this wierd hop thong every few minutes. I dont have any other symptoms . Should i be worried?

Last reply
  • Food makes me sick!

I have noticed that in now over 8 months I have been experiencing a kind of food sickness?? when i eat i feel that it stops in my stomach and dont want to pass. like food is felt in the back of my mouth in a way.. it is very uncomfortable. latley i have been having major headaches mostly in the back...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.