Extreme Weight Loss, Appetite Loss from Stress and Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've lost 53lbs in a very unhealthy short period of time because I'm unable to eat. I have no appetite, and when I do, I feel full or nauseous after one bite. My body doesn't want food. I don't feel the need to eat or drink. I drink about 1/7 of the daily recommended water intake (0.5L). My blood work suggests I'm chronically dehydrated (woah shocker). I also lose all ability to eat when I'm not at home. I use the bathroom about once every three days. And pee maybe once a day. Quality of life is horrendous. I'm currently going to college, unable to focus on classes or tests because I'm literally living my worst nightmare, my version of hell, watching my body wither. Btw I wasn't overweight when this started, I don't want to lose weight and I've never wanted to lose weight. Doctors say there's nothing physically wrong with me and sent me to get some mental help. I've been to three psychiatrists who said they've never seen or heard anything like this and straight up said they don't know how to help me. Worth noting, I used to be muscular, fit and I cared a lot about my body, now I can't look at myself in the mirror. My body is wasting away, what should I do? How do I curb the nausea and make myself eat more, boost appetite?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Jason i see you havnt had anyone reply yet.

have you had any feedback from anyone anywhere?

Sounds a lot like me but i suffer from anxiety disorder and im wondering did anything maybe happen just before this started (a bereavement/job loss etc) or was there something that had been bothering you?

Reason i ask is - i am the same nausea /want to eat but cant / no appetite and my weight has dropped and i hate what im seeing.

Theyve called it an eating disorder of sorts as my relationship with food has changed.

also there is an expression "the body keeps a score" - and basically the premise is if we have had something traumatic happen either recently or in the past - the body "remembers" if you like and while we may not make the connection consciously and say "no that doesnt apply im not anxious" - the anxiety or the trauma is held in the body?

Does that make sense? hope its of some use to you let me know.

Beat if luck

• Posted

This is usually happens when we are stressed out, do something out of your daily routine that gives you some amount of happiness, like your hobby.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.