I need help - severely underweight and pain for the past week, getting worse

Posted , 2 users are following.

i need some help, I've been seriously underweight for a couple of years now (37-39kg to be exact - if not less now), however i was still eating the bare minimum. The past few months ive had hardky anything at all (at one point a couple lf weeks ago i went 7 full days without eating or drinking anything at all - and i think thats where the issues (mainly) started. For the past week ive had intense pain in my right upper abdomen radiating into the back, as well as lower abdominal pain and flank pain (both sides). Two doctors have urged me to go to hospital but I was scared. I was also drinking alcohol heavily during these starvation periods. The reason i guess im asking this question finally is that all day today ive had chest pain, heartburn and pain mainly in my right arm/shoulder, and its concerning me because i feel i need to go to hospital but im scared. The past few days I also feel like im "losing my mind", as in i cant think, rarely havent been able to recognise things etc. I have tried to start eating slowly again but i cant because it just hurts too much and causes 'tearing' feeling in my back.Ive been fatigued the past week, havent been able to do my normal ctivities and have just felt like im dying. Its midnight, there are no doctors right now, can i hold out until morning to get to a doctor? Or is this a hospital thing?

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you need to go to hospital, its not surprising you are feeling so bad your body is struggling without food. i have ed and restrict my food intake and suffer side effects, if you dont go your body will pack in please go, hear to talk you can pm if you want x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.