Cant leave house until

Posted , 6 users are following.

my routine

is that i wake up in fear .. before i can leave the house to get shopping or anything i have to wait until the post has come sometimes this isnt until 12/1 if i leave the house before the post has come i feel nervous even though i know it makes absolutly no difference as the post will remain the same with the same information .. am i the only person like this?!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hi hun!

so is there a reason to why you cant leave the house before the postman has come?

• Posted

the anxiety has me thinking those letters will contain bad news and although it makes Zero sense in my mind i feel better prepared when im in for the letters rather than coming home to letters it makes no sense and im aware of that but feel i cant start my day until its been posted if im out i panic

• Posted

like a letter for a cervical smear came through id sent my anxiety through the roof

• Posted

its all anxiety messing with your mind hun. alot of things i obsess over makes no sense to other people. i get the bad news thing, my mind makes me thing ive always got something bad lurking round the corner, is that how your feeling? i got through bad patches. gotten worse since having my 4 year old. my anxiety has hit a high!!!

• Posted

may i ask if your anxiety was triggered by an experience?

my mother died suddenly a year ago and it sky rocketed i was always care free id have scans and tests and never ever worry and now i can barely go for a blood test without dredding the results if they were bad i wouldnt know what i would do or how i would cope

• Posted

well i had anxiety from the age of 7...i had a few bad childhood experiences that made mine worse but when i gave birth to my son i didnt have a great labour and my anxiety has been worse since!! maybe its due to being a mum. but i got obsessed with my heart cos my heart rate was constantly up after labour and i had to be monitored for 4 days...it made me so very anxious. im 30 and married and i worry about everything. i have to check on my son when his asleep atleast 15 times a night to check all is okay cos im so scared of something bad happening. i hate the feeling!! ive never been depressed as such as i love my life but anxiety takes over and its horrid x

• Posted

i can relate

its a constant fear and when you think about things you have no control over the fear gets worse

• Posted

My life,

Wake up in fear, inner treamberling, tablet on side of bed ready, take dogs down stairs, back up cup of tea and I pad, read people story's,

Down stairs sofa, take my Citalopram, sleep

Dogs out treamberling feeling still, also menopausel

Back feel hopeless, I'll, depressed, hot, joint aches,

And so it go's on, been ill since April, tried 2 antidepressants, cbdoil,

Can get to shops, but inner treamberling gets worse inside,

See how I go, no hope kills,

• Posted

do you live alone?

is there anything thats causing your fear? some days i have a reason then some i just wake up terrified .. and at night i cant sleep because im fearful of the morning its horrendous

having a panic attack in public is my worst fear i had one and i never want to experience it again

• Posted

Nodon't live alone, mine started of like that frightened to go to sleep, started sleeping down stairs that was years ago with candles on, so if I woke up was,nt in the dark,

Then woke up had a big jump then panic attack, had to go hospital middle of night ,

Put on antis, but since April I had a sort of attack morning, never got better, not sure if it's menopausel or not,

Mornings fill me with dread,

• Posted

no there is many like this. i couldnt leave the house for years before i switched the lights on and off 3 times. if i didnt or forgot i would be anxious all day untill i got home and did it.

• Posted

yeah its like a voice in my head telling me if i dont do it something bad will happen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.