cant shake fears of dying, so scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Haven't posted anything on here for a while, still really really struggling with chest pains, lack of sleep, I get so scared by anything and everything, every feeling I think I have something seriously wrong with me. I dont want to die young sad does anyone else get these feelings xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've had, not nice but you have a fear do dying so any twitch, pain, or awkward body movement gives you anxiety, when I fact they may be normal day to day body functions, go to the doctors tell them this, medication will help but cbt may be better, you need to calm down a little and look forward to things instead of worrying about it.
  • Posted

Hi Kerry, 

I get these feelings all the time - I feel like I'm going to drop dead any second. It's such an awful feeling and I know exactly what you are going through. 

I get chest pains (along with other pains/strange sensations) every day with out fail - I've had various tests done and my doctor says I'm fine, although I should, I don't believe them!

Sorry I have no advice, just wanted to let you know your not alone.

Take care, Charlotte x

• Posted

I too have these feelings and it's so real when it's going on. I am fighting daily to overcome this fear and I am trying buspar a non addicting anxiety med. I have them everyday as well. I swear I'm having a heart attack throughout the day and I have had tests over and over assuring me I'm well. Our bodies are well but our minds are not therefore convincing our mind is a hard task. I am a Christian and praying seems to calm me the most. Good luck and hang in there. I'm here if ya need to chat. smile
  • Posted

Hello, I've fears of dying every mealtime and it's literally taking over my life. I've had some but not many teeth removed and have been paranoid about choking since childhood. Now I'm blending most of my meals and do not eat regularly because of my worries. I've been told CBT should help and have gone back onto Citalopram to help with the anxiety but I'm worried that there's nothing that will help me overcome this. I've asked my dentist for reassurance and several GPs but come to my own conclusions and literally am worried that I can die whilst eating a meal. It's made me feel very miserable and at a guess has added to my feeling depressed and generally worthless (other factors are contributing to the latter but this seems like one viscious circle that's exceptionally difficult to get out of that is should it be possible to get out of at all). I do not want to die either. I'd like to see my little one grow up and be here for him. At a guess I'm not alone with fears like this (whether they're similar though I'm not sure) but it's a horrible thing to be going through particularly as you've got to eat in order to exist.

• Posted

I am the same.Instead of looking forward to any event,theatre film,orveven dinner arrangement,I cannot look forward to them ,in fact I practically convince myself that I wiill not  be alive tomorrow due to a terminal illness that the doctors have not been able to diagnose yet.

I have to say I have felt like this for over a year and am still here,but I don't know why I cannot ever feel reassured .

very  debilitating,and I really sympathise with you.

• Posted

Hi

these feelings need to be addressed . No need to suffer effects of anxiety. UR GP knows UR health history and can help u. Many docs recommend anti depressants or Cymbalta type drugs with counceling. This will give u the freedom to live UR life without the anxiety.

CHEERS

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies! I can relate to so much of what you all say. I too can't look forward to going out because I think something will happen. When I eat certain things I think it may harm me, I think things like I wont be here to ever get married or have children, it really has started taking over my life. Despite having these feelings for a while and having numerous tests and trying various medications im obviously still here and 'ok'. Its just so hard to stop those anxious feelings taking over! Again, thanks for all of your replies and support!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.