cant sleep!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Well I have been loooking at this forum since i started takng cit just 5 days ago on Monday.

Since then the main side effect that is effecting me is - I have not been able to sleep, before taking them i was sleeping as much as possible! I take my tablet as soon as I wake up it the morning. Im up all day. The earliest i have fallen asleep is 2.30am and the latest s half 4. I really feel the tablets have helped already - is that possible??

Any replies re your sleeping patterns and if you ave noticed any changes that would be much appreciated!

xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i started mine on monday to take mines at 10pm not getting to sleep till about 6am
  • Posted

I can ususally get to sleep but wake very early. I'm at the end of week 1 but they make me feel very sick, and anxiety kicks in and I shake as soon as I wake up. I hope this passes soon as it's getting me down. Does anywell have this?

KKx

• Posted

Hi there guys-I just wanted to let you know , to begin with I couldnt sleep at all, In fact would nod off at 7am, but then would have to get children to school. I went on like that for a good while, but it does eventually calm down. It can be realy frustrating, but the worst thing you can do is to lie and bed and fight it-get up , do anything-but dont worry about the lack of sleep. Hopefully it will pass, Theres nothing worse when you feel exhauatsed isolated and want to switch off, but it does pass-eventually, dont fight it, go with it. Hope Ive helped ,
  • Posted

Thanks bad girl.

Your right it is best to just get up and not lie there.

Hope you ok. Ready your other post. Good luck with your ventures.

KK

• Posted

I've found in the past that taking these later in the day/evening can affect me getting to sleep at night, so I now try to take them as early on as possible - the morning/early afternoon, to reduce the symptoms. It doesn't affect my ability to sleep at night as much if I take them in the morning.

Good luck!

• Posted

I've been taking cit now for just over two weeks. The first ten days I couldn't sleep for more than 4-5 hours max. was staying up until 5-6-7am, wide awake, but using my time semi-productively.

Since then my sleep has started to improve and I've had three or four 7 hour nights which is about normal for me. Not the best quality sleep, however, and I've always been a fantastic sleeper!

The first two weeks I felt great - as good in myself as I've felt for years! Although I wonder if this has more to do with the psychotherapy I've been getting, which was the prompt I needed to go to the GP in the first place?

This week, however, I've noticed that all four days I've been feeling agitated, irritable (and my wife and work colleagues have noticed this, too) and now plain old depressed again :-(

Other side-effects I've had - general tiredness (not sleep inducing, but due to lack of sleep?), slowness of thought and action (but also being very active!), difficulty in concentrating and staying focused.

Will go back to GP next week as I need a new prescription anyway. Disappointed that I haven't yet received my appointment date with a psychiatrist, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.