Cant sleep

Posted , 10 users are following.

Had full hysterectomy 8weeks ago and I am struggling to have any sleep. I never seem to be tired day or night

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Anita, when your body lacks estrogen, your adrenal glands produce adrenaline in order to compensate.  That results in being alert and wakeful.  I suggest you contact your gyn and see if you can get some assistance.  Best of luck to you. xx
    • Posted

This is all hormonal ladies. I take a natural progesterone and estriol and my flushes are gone. Eat well is also the key. Weight management and stress coping mechanism is also helpful. I don't believe in hrt so stay away from all that chemical toxins. X

• Posted

I am still struggling to sleep after 3 months. Except unlike you i am very tired most of the time. Cant figure out why.
  • Posted

I’ve been the same, 4 weeks post op. Last night I used a relaxation app and slept really well.
  • Posted

Hi.  I feel sorry for you.  I konw how hard it is coz i also had that  struggle of sleeping.  I have a feeling its your serotonin going down.  Try to eat food that will help your serotonin.  I also had probiotics and with prayers i am well and back to my old self.  Do some exercises too, walking is good daily, 30 mins. You will be fine, no worries much.  God bless you.

• Posted

Hi 5 yrs full open hysterectomy still can't sleep as surgical menopause plays up at night. Had bladder prolapse and bowel dropped have had repair which didn't work and redo 5 wks ago. Hope you more luck

• Posted

Hi Caroline

I had 're do anterior and tvh in January and I'm paranoid everyday.

How did yours fail,any idea hun?

X

• Posted

Hi tissue weak. Had review said all ok vaginal walk is low but said can't do anything about that. Recommended eostregeon tablets to insert for 4 mths which will help strengthen wall wish they had said this 5 years ago. Only light exercise from now on no jumping weights high energy classes so have learnt lesson can't do what I did before carrying a lot more weight so need to sort this and get back to what I was before all of this.

• Posted

It's soul destroying!!! I'm paranoid consistently.

All we can do is take it easy and listen to our bodies.

I'm on vagifem which does strengthen the walls.

I pray it all stays put..if not in stuck as to what to do.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.