Cant sleep at night for the constant horrific screeching in my ear .

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have MD have tried the low music and the relaxing before bedtime  but its not working very well. what is the best way to try to get some sleep with this tinnitus screaming in my ear

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.......after my steroid injections I feel the noises in my ear have increased. Thankyou for talking about this as I've got to get some tips. I go back to the ENT on Wed to see what he can do for me. I wish you all the best.

Reena

• Posted

how long ago were the injections?  they should open things up so you may get some short term noises but it should settle down...lets hope!
    • Posted

Hi.....I had it done on Jan 31, but have been having a hard time with noises and feels like my head is vibrating. I go back to the ENT tomorrow to see what he says.

Reena

• Posted

Hi Anna-lise this might sound daft but I tend to distract myself so much that I usually forget about my tinnitus and once I forget I can’t hear it (and then I remember and of course I can hear it). Of course is harder when in a silent room, but even then, after a while i stop paying attention to it and stop hearing it. I do have amytriptalin at night for my migraines and that usually gets me pretty tired, and betahistine 3x a day.
    • Posted

I do the same I find if you don't pay attn to it it kinds of goes away for awhile......what is your dose of beta?  I'm on 2x16...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.