cant sleep yet again

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone, here i go again,i have been on 15mg of mirtazipine for quite a while, i hate taking any medication to do with the brain, but i was quite ill with panic attacks ,lack of sleep etc,anyway, instead of taking the 15mg at night, i split it in half and took half in the afternoon aND THEN HALF AT NIGHT, BUT I STILL DONT SLEEP HARDLY, I SLEEP FOR ONE OR TWO HOURS THEN WAKE UP AGAIN, THE DOCTOR DID TELL ME TO TAKE THE FULL TABLET AT NIGHT, MAYBE I SHOULD DO THAT NOW,I GOT VERY DIZZY SITTING DOWN AT MY COMPUTER THIS MORNING AND IT SCARED ME, I EXPECT ALL THESE SYMPTONS ARE FROM NOT TAKING THE PROPER WHOLE DOSE OF TABLET AND LACK OF SLEEP, DOES ANYONE HAVE ADVISE FOR ME, I AM LIVING ALONE AND ITS FRIGHTENING TO GET ILL WHILST ALONE, THANKYOU.3

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi - it obviously didnt work and wasnt strong enough for you, you need to take the whole tablet.  I too dont sleep so I know what its like.  You need your sleep to get better.
    • Posted

Yes paula, you are right, i need sleep to get better, thats what brought the depression on, was lack of sleep, i have had this lack of sleep for over 5 years after losing my husband,its been awful,i will see the doctor again and ask if a higher dose would help, the thing is i had a dreadful reaction to that fluoxitine and now i am terrified of higher dose antidepressants, but i will see doctor and aSK ABOUT IT, I AM FEELING A BIT BETTER TODAY, BUT NOT FULLY RIGHT, I AM STILL QUITE DOWN.BUT HOPEFULLY I WILL FEEL BETTER IN A WHILE NOW.I HOPE YOU ARE OK, LOVE ANGELA,XX
  • Posted

Take the amount prescribed, it is an antidepressant and helps with sleep but not at 15mg, usually 45 mgs.  You may get increased appetite on it also.
    • Posted

thanks anne, i am seeing the doctor soon about it, i hope you are ok, best wishes angela,xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.