cant stop reading!!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

Been reading post after post after post over the past few weeks. I have registered last night but waiting on confirmation.

I have been seeing my nurse on a regular basis as I want to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle for when I start to have children. I stopped smoking in Jan and I have found that so much easier than trying to eat healthy :shock:

I started to lose weight on my first 3 visits and proved that I could start on Orlistat. I wanted to wait till I was no longer losing and wanted to do more research about it. My boyfriend was not too keen and felt I should not rely on tablets, I had the argument then we should not be on patches to help us stop smoking...all this helps to lead you to a better lifestyle....anyway skip a few a weeks where weight just came on and on and on!!! sad I was not happy and my nurse gave me THE script! I dreaded telling my boyfriend but he has been really supportive and just wants the best for me. We went for a BIG shop yesterday to buy only healthy low fat/fat free food! He is going to do the healthy eating with me which will make things so much easier. I took my first pill this morning (4/6/10) and my breakfast consited of Bran flakes with skimmed milk and two table spoons of fat free yogurt and a cup of tea. Been to loo already but not sure if it was just normal movement rather than the tablet,was a wee bit lose but nothing serious yet...finger crossed!!!!

Looking forward to a journey of positivity and hope to get some good chats from this forum.

xxxpearlxxx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done for giving up the evil weed. 'Fraid I'm still addicted. Too much for my willpower to give up smoking AND diet at the same time.

If you have any questions, there are lots of helpful people on this Forum.

• Posted

Good luck Pearl, i'm on the same journey although started the tablets on Monday and had no side effects either. didn't have a bowel movement at all though for three days despite drinking over 4 Litres of water a day although did have one this morning and it was, well....normal.....I don't know if THAT is normal either LOL.

How much do you have to lose? I have just over 3 stone and hope to get there for Christmas or at least the January sales as I've promised myself a new wardrobe if I do.

• Posted

Hi Guy's

Thanks for replies...got all excited :D :D

It's been a good day although been thinking of food and fat constantly and been making me more hungry sad

One thing I wanted to ask was about Cafe Latte's. I LOVE THEM and drink them all the time and if I am not drinking Latte's I'm drinking tea with skimmed milk. Changed today to skinny Latte's, is that ok? or is fat content still quite high. I was also wondering about sugar..I know there is no fat but high in calories???

With regards to stopping smoking and diet I just decided to take the bull by the horns...it was inevitable that it had to be done at some point. I am at the ripe age (28) of breeding and hoping to have kids someday and needed to do this for my health and my future.

I am looking to loose about 4 stone but just over 3 would also be ok, still want to have some cuddly curves :wink: but not too many as I have the now sad

Any ideas or general chat about our days on Orilstat would be great!

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

welcome and good luck on your journey.

Can't answer you on the latte's I'm afraid but it might be helpful to get into the habit of having green tea (I have green tea and lemon) after main meals as this is supposed to help break up the fat.

You will know if you have over indulged on the tablets as they don't call it \"the dreaded orange\" for nothing, it is bright orange and oily.

As Terrie said you can get a bit constipated sometimes on the tablets but I find taking dried fruits like prune or apricots can help but if required senacot can be taken.

Glad to see you are seeing the nurse, I also get monitored closely by the nurse at my GP's and find it a real help as she is so good at understanding what we are going through and has great tips.

Looking forward to see your progress and to chatting

• Posted

Thx Suza

I am seeing a nurse every 2 weeks and weekly if I wish. She is great and been very supportive on all levels. She has been a nurse for my Grandparents for a while so she knows all the history and ups and downs!

I used to enjoy Green tea and just drinking boiling water, but I need to get into the mind set again. I always feel if I can give up smoking surely I can give up caffiene and sugar.

Thx for all your advice, have learnt loads from you :D

Well done on your weight loss.... you doing great!

• Posted

Hi Peal am in the same boat as you hun...I have more weight to go but with all of you guys on here in the same boat, I don't feel on my own...we can support each other, I took my 1st tablet last night and then the 3 today so just gonna take each day as it comes .... I wish you as much luck as I wish myself -- we can do this together ok....keep me posted on how you are doing and I will do the same ok....xxx
  • Posted

Good Luck to you all I started on 13th April and have lost a stone up to now but have stones to lose . Nothing has been said about my target weight but looked up ideal weight for 5ft 5 was between 8 stone 8 and 10 stone 8 I think so at least five more to go!

I wish that i'd been offered help a long time ago I wouldn't have to lose as much as I've been struggling with my weight for a long time as I have a under active thyroid gland and having a hip replacement has meant I can't as walk as much as i'd like to.

I keep forgetting to buy some green tea to try. :roll:

Try the milk with the purple lid and label this is 1% fat but tastes as good as semi-skimmed. I've just discovered mini Twister lollies are a nice treat at 47 calories and 1g of fat and Honey Cheerios for breakfast at 111calories and 0.8 gram of fat per 30grams.

Keep up the good work everybody !

• Posted

Just a wee update on the past two days...

All is good so far, been taking tabs with meals and not had side effects which is good i believe. Hardly slep last night as I had this terrible fear that my poor boyfiend would wake up covered in orange oil as I read one post where it happend to someone and i was mortified at the thought :shock:

Went food shopping again today :D and got lots of nice goodies that are all less that 5g of fat per 100g. [i:6e9b65621b][b:6e9b65621b]SUZA[/b:6e9b65621b][/i:6e9b65621b] you will be happy to know i picked up green tea with lemon...will have my first cup tonight.

Got a diary in my bag with me all the time to keep track of what I am eating, dont want to forget anything. Will take a while to get used to-day to-day eating.

Seeing everyone lose weight is so inspirational..well done on your stone loss [b:6e9b65621b][i:6e9b65621b]trying hard[/i[/b:6e9b65621b]]. I cant wait to see the nurse, will be open to everything though, dont want to be to dissapointed if I dont lose or lose less than expected. Taken my measurements which is also really handy for results.

Off to water aerobics tomorrow which I love. Is good for low impact exercise as I have back problems. Have you tried swimming [i][b:6e9b65621b]Trying hard[/b:6e9b65621b][/i:6e9b65621b]??? Would be good for your hips and help get rid of the calories....

Looking forward to keep up-to-date with you all...

Happy low fat eating :D :D :D :D

xxxpearlxxx

• Posted

This is Trying Hard (sorry I forgot to log in) No I haven't been swimming for years to embarrassed because of my size also I can only swim breast stroke I was told that this could dislocate my hip. I'm keeping myself active going for walks (just wish I could walk as far and as long as I used to but it does seem to be getting a little easier since i've lost a stone), gardening, extra cleaning extra around the house and I get a work out at 10 oclock at night for an hour when I help a friend do her cleaning job.

I must admit I didn't realise how depressed I was before I went on the tablets but now i hardly sit still, I've done lots of choress I've been putting off for ages and have lots more energy.

Another good thing is one of my sons as has had alot of free time on his hands quite a while and has sat around on computer for hours and put on alot of weight but since I've been on the tablets he's been eating some of the weight watcher meals even as a substitute for a takeway when he has been out on a night time and has cut his takeaways to one at the weekend. He's just weighed himself and he's lost a stone!

• Posted

hello i was researching the internet about orlistat as i have been given it by my doctor and came across your forum and read the comments and thought how helpful this is as i am starting this tomorrow and i am very worried about what to eat. But i am also very excited to start this as i have struggled with my weight for years and no matter what diet i try (and i have tried nearly all of them) i just dont loose weight. So here we go on this. :shock:

It nice to see that it does work and there is support out there :D

• Posted

hi kaz, just invest some time in your local supermarket, you will find theres still plenty of options out there, try and get foods with no more than 5% fat per 100g weight, most supermarkets have their own healthier eating brands. good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Kaz251, Joy here...I started last Thursday 3rd June 10 - after a visit to my doc...have about 6 stones to lose... :cry: but am determined...have bookmarked you so that I can keep intouch to see how you are doing...I hope to have lost something by the time I weigh on Thursday - my main weigh in is with my Doc. at the end of 4 weeks so fingers crossed... From the way people are doing so well on the Forum,,, I feel quietly confident this may be my answer....good luck hun....and wish me too...xx :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.