cant take much more

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering with these awfull ectopic beats for over a month now. Constant all day every day. Ive had numerous ecgs and full bloods everything normal... a

parently anxiety.. really struggling to cope with this as I cant understand how this is normal.. Any advice to help would be greatly appreciated. ?..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello sorry to hear about your problem I have the same problem I think it started about August last year one Saturday afternoon and been gaoling everyday since when first started getting it was I extra heart beat every ten minutes or around but now it is down to a few a day somedays a lot the feeling I get is like a build up of pressure then a thumb or a beat doc said it is normal and not to worry but it is not so easy something must of caused it to happen I never had them for first 34 years of my life so why now I will be honest I have a very unhealthy life style I started excersising last year for about a month very third day then I stopped for about 2 weeks and that is when they started also very stressful year last year but don't worry mate you are not going to drop dead straight away which I thought at the time it was the beginning of the end for me but people have had these for most of there life's did you have a holter test which they put a mobile monitor on you for 24 to 72 hours better going private nhs will tell you anything to get rid well mate would like to hear back from regarding how you get on
    • Posted

Hi james.. thanks for your response.. I feel like every day is my last!!!every morning I think when am I gonna get one then boom it happens and doesnt stop all day.. no not yet im seeing a cardiologist but not till end of July. Ive been in and out of hospial and had numerous ecgs which has picked them up and they say its fine. I really want to go private for own peace of mind but god knows how much this will cost me?..
  • Posted

Express diagnostics is very cheap for to get private but they are away down in Plymouth sorry they do holster test and results I think for 7 day test is 100 pounds with results
  • Posted

These can be very unsettling but most people do get them, but the issue is how many athe pattern and if there is any thing else going on such as fast or slow pulse. If the hospital has said that there isn't an issue then there probably isn't.

If you wish to get a 24 hour test done privately then you would need someone to interpret it. You could take it to the gp but I assume the private company would alert you if they saw there was a major issue.

To get it into perspective drs tend to get very excited if its heading towards 4000 drops per day and they definitely act then.

If you've got a cardiologist appointment in July then I'd wait for that. My issues were picked up in a private health check and when I said I'd have further tests privately the cardiologist told me to go back to the NHS.

• Posted

Hi Steph, I know what you are going through, it is awful and frightening (It scares me and I'm a 34 yr old Firefighter!) I get around 20,000 a day and hate it, sometime it is every second beat all day! Try a potassium supplement it worked for me when I first got them. Follow the advice on this page, I'm gonna try some of the things. Remember if your Dr says they are harmless then trust him/her, and know you are not alone...let us know how you get on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.