CAPITA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well after dreading the brown envelop arriving ...I am changing from high rate Dla indefinite over to pips ...A white one has arrived from the dreaded Capita ..

I have read so many horror stories of the way claimants are being treated this has now out me over the edge ...

i am am lucky my local MP , is possibly. Go into ring them to ask for a home assessment , it cost me a fortune getting all the evidence to them and can't believe they have decided I need a f2f ....I also need to ask , since I sent the horrid forms off ..took five weeks to fill in ! I have now been out on insulin ,and same day I was told I am under oncologist for 2 years minimum ..do I tell the sensor this or send it of as extra evidence ...

i dont know how much more I can take of this year , the DVLA have also written to me toady and I have to send my licence back and will be issued with a three year one , just geek I am being punished for being disabled ...

there are are thousands in the same boat as me an DIY heart goes out to each and every one of you ...

at at the moment this has sent my depression sky high just want to curl up and die 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Yes there's lots of horror stories out there but there's also good stories that we don't often hear about. Most people are asked to attend a face 2 face assessment, only few people get a paper based decision no matter how much evidence you send in.

Any extra evidence you can send will help but future appointment letters won't. So anything but that. I'm not sure what your local MP can do to get you a home assessment because normally you would need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend one.

PIP is all about how your condition affects you daily not about a diagnosis. Take a look at the PIP descriptors to see what you could score points in. Proving that these descriptors apply to you is what you're going to need to do. When the time comes for the assessment they'll ask questions regarding what you put on the form you filled in, so hopefully you kept a copy of this to refer back to before the assessment. They will also be watching everything you do from the moment they arrive or you get there so bear this in mind too. When they ask you questions don't just answer with a yes or no. You need to explain the reason why you can't do something.how long it takes etc. It's very daunting yes and i won't lie to you. However having said that i've had 2 PIP assessments and they really weren't as bad i thought they were going to be. Any other questions when the time comes please do ask. There's so much advice on the internet about it, even if most of it is bad. This advice will help you prepare for what lies ahead. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise , thank you for your reply ...

i appreciate your words I will look up descriptors , my memory is not good but as long as I am honest the I can't see a problem ....

I just feel so alone going through this process it's so daunting ...

thank you again x

• Posted

No problem, yes being honest is good but unfortunately this doens't always help. I'm just being honest hear, i would say most people are honest when claiming for PIP but it's proving that you fall under the criteria of the descriptors that's the most important thing. Are you claiming High rate DLA mobility?

• Posted

Hi Mandy it def does pay to study the descriptors,  Hubby just got standard rate for both mobilty and living, under no consultants as so many years ago he was now.  Just study the questions, see what one applies to you and see how many points what each one gives.  The assessor will ask questions where the same answer should apply, like my hubby said he needs help to wash his hair because of putting his hands above his head, later she asked about dressing, now if he had said he could put on jumpers then that would be under mining the position  he said he couldnt do, hands above the head. he wore a cardigan and a popper up shirt to his assessment  and velcro do up shoes which he said i put on for him. He was getting higher rate of DLA, ended up with standard, wouldnt have been so good had he had a mobilty car though as would have lost it but anything is better than nothing as far as we are concerned.   Hope all goes well for you, keep us informed.

Sue x

• Posted

awe Sue , thank you for your advice and kind words ,,yes I believe that's what they are banking on everyone accepting lower rates ...I am going to fight all the way for this , I am entitled to it and it may be a long road ..which I will fully document ...I'm only bit of independent left is the car , i am already preparing to loose it as that seems to be the aim of these ( health professionals) but I won't go down now without a fight ..How these people can contradict all the consultants drs etc beggars belief ...x

• Posted

I am high on both Denise ...I'm. It getting any better only worse and have many health issues ....I live alone an dthis is all that comes in the house ...my car is the only independence I have and that's only used for numerous hospital drs appointments as it is with many people ....It's the worry and the wait that doesn't help ....I tried to ring them to ask for home visit and their systems are down , they had an answer phone message saying systems are down call back Monday or Tuesday , there's the proof how incompetent these people are ..and this is just the beginning 

• Posted

One problem people are finding when going from DLA to PIP is the mobility criteria with PIP is different. With DLA it was 50 metres for High but with PIP it's 20 metres for Enhanced. Remember also that PIP have another criteria and this is that if you can't do something regularly, reliably, without pain and discomfort then your classed and fitting that descriptor.

May i ask the reason you didn't ask for a home assessment when you filled out the form? When you ring them they may refuse unless you can get a supporting letter from your GP. I know what it feels like to have lots of disabilities as i have too. Just remember there's good stories out there. Good luck and hope you're not waiting too long.

• Posted

Hi Denise , I did ask for a home visit on the ..book ...my welfare rights lady said they dont take any notice of that , as they preferred to get you to centres as they are designed to cause you problems , i.e. Parking ,stairs ,low seating etc..

i will obviously fight for one ...

thank you for your advice 

x

• Posted

Fighting for a home visit may not be the answer here but a supporting letter from your GP stating the reasons why would help a great deal smile
  • Posted

Oh mandy09179 i feel sorry for you i totally know what you're talking about I've just went through it all start of the year but please don't stress (i know easy said than done) yes definitely request home visit your Dr should be able to help with a letter and yes gather all the info on your lastest results having your local MP is a good thing as well i will say though have someone with you when appointment arrives and relax they're not all the nasties that they're made out to be some can be helpful so I've been told i was just the same as you i had a lot of help filling in the BOOK good luck huni and don't stress so much it's not good for you . SHOOBY

• Posted

Thank you shooby ..tried ringing them to ask for home assessment ..and they have a recorded message saying ..systems are down  try ringing back Monday or Tuesday ,.how incompetent is that .,there will be hundreds of people trying to get answers today and yet again they are being failed 
  • Posted

Hi Mandy I had home assessment and to be honest I just got a supporting letter from my home physio to explain why I couldn't make it to the away office.

I couldn't have gone that far in a taxi and was unable to walk hence there agreement to see me at home, can I ask what reason you gave them for asking for a home visit, even severely disabled claimants are not nescassarilly given home visits, its all about pain I think.

Why did you have to pay for your supporting evidence, from now on ask your consultant to cc you in on any reports they send to your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Alexandria..

what's a cc please , I had to pay for my doctors letter and my consultants letter outlining every thing that's wrong with me , I have generalised Ostio arthritis , one hip needs replacing have it in both hips knees elbows neck wrist fingers and spine , also torn discs sciatica etc..severe asthma ...pain is my biggest issue and I struggle to walk , I know the assessment centre is a long way from car park ..I also suffer anxiety and depression ...the depression is obviously down to being in severe pain , I take controlled drugs for it ...all this eveidence and how it effects me was sent of to them all copied of course ....

• Posted

A cc is a copy of a letter/email. When attend any hospital appointments i always recieve a copy of the letter as well as my GP. This way when evidence is needed you always have it to hand without it costing you anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.