Capita f2f

Posted , 6 users are following.

well i have may f2f tomorrow and needless to say my anxiety is already through the roof ,  have no problem having it i am just concerned that i get an honest assessment ..

have a bad feeling this is the beginning of a big fight ..i live alone and its the only money coming in ...

Nevr been so afraid in all my life ans trust me i have had many things to fear ..

Any advice will be gratefully received ..Oh i am one of lucky ones and having it at home , all my medical evidence was not enough for them for my transfer from Dla to pips ;😪

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I went to my friend's f2f of PIP renewal. You might have neard there arre some changes for PIP recently. It has become harder for people with mental health.

My friend has both mental and phisical problems, but her asessor only focused on her mental problem and didn't ask much about her phisical cndition. 

She got decision recently and she lost her daily living components. Her assessment reports says her physical ability is up to standard (remember they didn't ask about her physical conditions!) and her mental problems are under control by medication.  She is requesting mandatory reconsideration. 

I don't know your condition, but if it is only mental, they can under estimate or deny what you say.  If you have physical conditions, try to focus on it because it is more difficult for them to deny it.  This is just my experience, though...

Wish you good luck and please don't give up if you are not happy with the decision.

• Posted

Mne is mostly physical and some mental health ..so are you saying they only focus on the mental health ?   I Have severe Ostioarthritis , insulin Diabeties ..Ashma ...anxiety depression ptsd ...I am scared i will loose my car , its the only independence i have left 

• Posted

The main thing is that you give them documentary evidence to back up your condition. I have been through this minefield already. And fought them through tribunal and won .
    • Posted

I have given them all the medical evidence ,cost a fortune, what do you mean documentary evidence what else can i give them , so glad you won at tribunal was yuoiurs transfer from Dla to pips
    • Posted

No due to Fibromyalgia for ten years, frozen shoulder and then shoulder surgery I was awarded 16 points before the surgery for a year and a half. Then unbelievably when I told them there had been a change and I was worse and in support group ESA they has some incompetent assessor come to my house who gave me only 7 points. I proved she had lied on a few criteria and contradicted herself. It took five months on no money to get justice!!!!!! 😯

• Posted

Omg thats awful ...tragically even when we get this sorted they are quick to put people through again its disgusting 

well done in winning 

• Posted

Hi mandy,

I've had 2 PIP assessments in the last 3 years but not at home. It's mostly the same except it's in your own environment of course.

The problem is we only ever hear the bad stories. My experience wasn't that bad to be honest. I won't denign it's very scary process. I never claimed DLA has got refused that. I w3ill say though that's it not about a diagnosis with PIP it's all about how your condition/s affect you in daily life. So if you need help from others or you use aids around the home and you have proof of this then that's good. The aim is to prove that those descriptors apply to you. If you haven't already done so i'd advice to take a look at those descriptors. Also please bear in mind that DLA high mobility was 50 metres where as PIP Enhanced Mobility is 20 metres that's a huge difference. Documentry evidence is just evidence proving those descriptors apply to you. The more the better, i say.

During your assessment you'll be asked questions mostly based on what you wrote on the PIP2 form. Don't just answer those questions with a yes or no the more detail you give the better. Explain everything, if you can do something then tell them and why. You'll be watched from the minute they arrive to the minute they leave with everything you do. They will note what you're wearing to how your hair is done.

A few days after your assessment you can ring DWP PIP and ask them to send you a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea how things went ans what was said. The decision maker (DM) will mostly go with a decision based on what was said in this report. Some choose not to ask for this until after a decision has been made. By asking for a copy of this if the decision doens't go in your favour you'll have it ready for when you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)

Hope i've helped a little. Most of all please try to relax and yes i know that extremely hard. Good luck and if you need anymore advice please do ask.

• Posted

Thank you Denise ...es i will make sure all my aids are visable ...My anxiety is through the roof ...so after I have rang for the copy of assessment we are looking at around 2 weeks till I know something ?

Will go through the descriptors tonight thats important , thank you x

• Posted

Decison times vary wildly from 2 -8 weeks sometimes more. Depends on the backlog and where you are in the country. You can't really put a timescale on it, i'm afriad.

• Posted

Sorry i meant around two weeks before i get assessment report , so that will give me an indication of what to expect 
    • Posted

They will only send you your copy of the report once they've recieved both copies theirself. Both copies mean the paper one and the digital one (computer copy), so it depends how long it takes them to send the copies back to DWP. Hopefully for you it's the day of your assessment, sometimes it can take a little longer. If you ring a few days after and ask they should make a note of it on the computer, then once they've recieved them a copy will be sent to you. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes it does , so shall i ring them about a week after the assessment for a copy 
  • Posted

Hi Mandy try not to worry too much, I also had my f2f at home and lady was lovely, she was also knowledgeable regarding my health conditions, I think that this site can sometimes give the impression that its quite a large number who are refused PIP its actually a small % ie 2 million apply and 4/5% are not granted it. There are 575000 Motability cars on the road as we speak and remember not everyone has a car with there benefits, I know that the criteria is changing and has changed but I still believe that if you are entitled you will receive it.

There are 9800 drug users and alcoholics who get it so why shouldn't those with genuine non self inflicted mobility issues also be granted it.

• Posted

Thank you Alex .yes i am trying not to worry ...t just seems the questions are made to get you of Mobilty , which is the most important part ..

• Posted

I was new claimant for PIP last year after major accident and although I had been awarded DLA low rate care for about 5 years due to RA and UC it was increased on PIP to high rate for both as I can no longer walk without walker or crutches on a good day.

I obviously don't know your full circumstances but like I said you prove you are entitled then even if you end up going to appeal you will get it.

Yea your right I'm sure that many will be losing it but the amount receiving it is still considerable high.

It does need to go to those with the worst mobility issues I believe and sometimes that's not happening as we see on here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.