Car insurance after mobility car cheapest prices?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, lost my dla so car has to go back, buying my own but insurance quotes are so expensive, over 800 to over a thousand as we're classed as having zero no claims, does anybody know the cheapest insurance company please

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried compere the market. Usually get some quotes which are not too bad.
  • Posted

Both my son and myself lost our motability cars, my son did get awarded higher rate P.I.P. but his insurance was just too much, he bought a cheap car with his £2000 award but he defaulted after the first month his ex-girlfreind took his insurance while abroad on holiday sad and the insurance company charged him £250 and put his name on a blacklist so now he can,t get mobile. I have driven safely for over 50 years with no road accidents but my insurance was sky high so I bought an old 1.0 litre banger and got my insurance down to £300, but it is so unreliable I am scared of driving it anywhere, I borrow my wifes car. And at nearly 69 years old I can not raise the money to buy a decent motor. smile

• Posted

Same happened to us. My husband received notability payment for 9 years but o my the last 3 we took up the notability car scheme. When he lost it ( we are going to tribunal, eventually). It was suggested to us we go back to our insurance company prior to the motability car

We went back to Churchill. They ask you for proof of your no claims whilst you had the mobility car

RSA should send you this automatically. Churchill honoured our 3 year no claims. Hope this is of help. We found it so stressful, particularly my hubby.

• Posted

You are right it is very stressful! I was on DLA for life, and I was on it for work related injuries and illness for 20 years, it was my old doctor( the local DWP Doctor) who suggested I apply for DLA, I wanted him to send me for an operation for my damaged back, so I could get back into work? When I approached my new Doctor for help with applying for PIP he was unhelpful and said he did not know me well enough, and anyway he said I have people coming to see me all the time worried they are going to lose their cars?  To be honest I don,t think I meet the criteria for PIP? I have learnt to manage and put up with the pain, they have moved the goal posts and the wording so that thousands of us lose our mobility, leaving us in limbo and virtually housebound sad
    • Posted

At the moment I am still getting DLA. Expecting it will stop at some point and I will apply for PIP.

I used to have a car on mobility scheme but gave up driving 7 years ago so fortunately not involved in losing a car.

It is disgraceful that so many genuinely disabled people have been affected by this, as if we did not have enough to cope with without all this stress.

Sarah

• Posted

They'll invite you to apply when the time comes (anytime up to Sept 2018) when you ring to start your claim off they'll send you that PIP2 form. If you make sure it's returned within the date on the letter your DLA will continue until a decision is made on the PIP. You can also get a maximum 14 day extention in which to return them. Evidence is the key to a PIP claim so make sure you send this along with that form. Only send copies only of course. It's stressful yes, i agree, but getting all the evidence together in plenty of time before you get that letter will help because time flies once that form arrives.

• Posted

Sometimes these compare companies don't always give you the best price, this is what i've found over the years before i had my mobility car. Try the companies that don't use the compare ones like direct line for example. Other than that try the advice that bobysuncle gave you. You'll never know unless you ask. Some insurance companies will honour your no claims with RSA. Failing that then yes it will most likely be like you're taking out insurance for the first time. This was my concern when i had my first mobility car last Novemeber.

Have you asked for a Mandatory reconsideration for your PIP? I'm guessing you lost your mobility when transfering to PIP from DLA?

• Posted

Both my son and myself asked for a mandatory consideration and my son took his to a tribunal but with no luck, this is just this present Government being cruel and vindictive against disabled people .

• Posted

Yes Denise I lost it on the transfer to pip even though my disabilities are worse now than when I first got dla twelve years ago, I would like to thank everyone who replied to my question, everyone is so nice and helpful on here, many thanks to all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.