car lights (halogen-LED)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, 

i have been complaining to Dept of Highways, etc because i cannot tolerate the halogen car lights they are just too flippin bright. i end up flashing other cars back because it is a health risk. When an oncoming car is coming towards you, you cannot see your side of the road without holding a mirror or your hand/arm up to block out their lights. i am in the process of trying to find a type of film to put on my car windows. i just don't know how the ** these halogen lights were approved! In Europe some places have no street lights but in US and UK where street lights are prominent the lights are a health hazard.

i take Cosopt and Xalatan so i wondered if it was me or is it the drops causing my anger at halogen bulbs?

thank you all smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have done a little research and found that Xalatan might trigger photophobia - one to 4% of people and fewer than one per cent using Cosopt

I used to be on Cosopt and it didn't trigger photophobia in me but I do suffer from photophobia because of uveitis.

You need to talk to your Ophthalmologist and ask about the photophobia.

• Posted

thank you so much! i never heard of it but i will ask! Happy New Year!
    • Posted

Happy New Year kimla, let me know how you get on.
  • Posted

i mentioned photophobia to my consultant at Tameside Hosp but they did nothing and were pretty useless. i have since swtiched everything to Stepping Hill Hosp who are excellent. i have to go back in a few days and i will ask because i cant remember if i mentioned it last time. i will update when i get more info.
    • Posted

That sounds more positive for you kimla

I will be interested to hear how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.