Carb and Calorie Bomb

Posted , 11 users are following.

Have just eaten Paella, potato wedges topped with baked Camembert and it was [u]delicious![/u]  Isn't it lovely to 'sin' occasionally?

0 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Constance, My take on that whould be "a little bit of what you fancy does you good" anytime!!! On my birthday (72nd.) last Wed I pushed that saying to extreme,breakfast smoked salmon on freshly baked Ciabatta bread with cream cheese, washed down with a bottle of fizz ( two of us sharing the bottle). Lunch at a local hotel was Monk fish wrapped in Palma ham with a creamy Pernod sauce, chips & lovely fresh veg. washed down with Pironi lager. After a short drive through the Lancashire country side my wife took me into a wonderful ( very understated) local Italian  restaurant for my sweet course. Tiramisu helped down with a large glass of Merlot, For this one special day in the year I totally ignored the PMR thing & had a ball. Apart from feeling very tired the next day I seem to have got away with it, we come this way but once and I believe we all need to live a little once in a while what ever!!!! We have to weigh up the pros & cons of putting two fingers up to the PMR/GCA monster & take our chance individually when celebrating certain events.

Looking forward to next b/day already+ Christmas & other annual celebrations.

I do take this whole PMR/GCA thing very seriously, but believe we all need some quality time ignoring the dreaded condition when ever appropriate. ATB to you all, best foot forward whatever,the alternative is unthinkable.

Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard, all sounded good to me.  However, what I really miss is a traditional Sunday lunch.  Roast meat, baked potatoes, veg, Yorkshire puddings, etc etc.  Followed by bread and butter pudding.  Lovely!

If I had the energy I could cook it myself, but with German ingredients it just wouldn't taste the same!! Ah well - we can't have everything.

The trouble with the 'best foot' is that it is sometimes difficult to drag the other one forward.😡😡

Greetings fr C.🍷🍷

• Posted

i had date and walnut cake, and a glass of wine. mmmmmmmmmmmm
    • Posted

Hi hope you feeling a bit better, las week on holiday we ate a speciality of the pub, beef, potatoes,cabbage cooked in fat(mucky dripping) it was so sinful, better than chocolate, x have a lovely day. x
  • Posted

Hi Constance, Sorry about delay in answering the Mr Solo question, we have been away to Keswick in The Lake District to celebrate our 48th. w/anniversary. We had a great week & the weather was exteemly kind to us, October in The Lakes can be very wet & cold, the sun was so hot one day that I needed sun cream.

Any way back to the Mr Solo thing, in the late 40s+the 50s my dad used to play cards at all the local Whist Drives & at the end of the night he always signed his card "Solo". I have kept this early memory alive but have added the Mr bit.

Hope that explains why.

ATB. Richard

PS. Just done latest PRED taper 15mg. to 12.5mg. all well at pres

• Posted

We loved the Lake District when we lived in England.  Liked the "weather was so hot.....".  We had SNOW on 14th Oct, quite a lot of it.😡  

Congrats on your 48th.  We have our 60th coming up in 2017.

Have a great weekend Mr and "Mrs" Solo.

Constance. 💐

• Posted

Hi Consance + all who have contributed to your tread & I think we should call this aside a food & drink forum. What a very broad variety of contributions, maybe we should organise a "Jacob's Join", I would bring along my wifes version of Earl Grey tea bread + G&T+ Red wine & some of last years Sloe Gin. If the rest of you brought along a little of all other goodies mentioned we could have a ball.

The other up side to all 62 replies, little or no mention of PMR/GCA or PRED, I rest my case, we are all foodies at heart!!!!!

ATB to each & everyone of you out there.

Richard

• Posted

I agree with you there, Richard.  It seems we are a bit pre-occupied with food on this forum.  Did you look through the 'Healthy Living' post.  There were 129 replies and the vast majority were about food.  I really thought more would be written about excercise, or lack of it!!

C. 🏄 💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.