Carbimazole dosage...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I am currently taking 10 mg a day for Graves! My T4 is now 24.2-nearly in range what dose are other people taking please? smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I started taking 10 mg a day when my T4 was around 60 (way out of range) and subsequently when I'm closer to range (half a year later) I started taking 5 mg a day and now (almost 1.5 years) I'm taking 2.5 mg (half a pill) on alternate days. Of course, you still need to monitor your body and see if the change in dosage is affecting you, and take your blood tests every now and then (I used to take every month --> once in 2 months --> once in three months and so on).

Let's do our best to full recovery!~ Take care smile

• Posted

Great thanks! Yeah has taken me about 6 mths to start levelling my T4 was 98! 😳. I have a monthly blood test I think I will take 5 mg daily with another 5 every other day! I want to avoid weight gain! ??

• Posted

Don't forget to always consult your doctors about your reduced dosage. I did experience some weight gain, but most importantly, I started exercising a lot more (when I felt better) and I personally feel that regular exercisign really helped, not just to keep my body in shape but also my thyroid condition. Also, you need to try to relax more, do things you enjoy, avoid stress and stay calm! All the best Karmaway~

• Posted

Yep I do exercise regularly. Swimming in the sea, walking and cycling ❤️
  • Posted

Hi there, I started off on 20 mg then 10 mg and now at 5 mg since 5 weeks. In November my T4 was already within range but I think you need a stabilisation period.

Do have your blood tests regularly so you know where you stand and your dosage can be adjusted accordingly.

Good luck smile

• Posted

I would believe 5 mg daily because that's what my endo recommended for me at that stage.  

What does your doctor suggest ?

• Posted

Ok great! He suggested staying on 10 until in range but I'm taking 5 and herbs as I feel like I am slipping towards hypo! I may try and ring the endo secretary later 😳. Haha that's a joke!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.