Carbimazole, insomnia, nausea and feeling run down

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it normal for 15mg carbimazole to cause insomnia, nausea and feeling run down? Does your body eventually adjust and the side effects go away?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes i did feel run down and nausea i dont think that my body ever adjusted to the medication i am now of it after having radio iodine treatment i am still over has been 10 weeks since treatment and DR says that it could take another 10 weeks before i could get to normal range it has been a battle thats for sure

how long have you been on CARBIMAZOLE now

• Posted

Hi brian, how long have you been taking the carbimazole?

Are you taking the carbimazole for Graves?

Best regards.

• Posted

Occasionally rashes or itching appear during the course of treatment with carbimazole, an effect that can be managed with antihistamines without having to stop the medication. Look https://y2mate.guru The most serious side effect is however agranulocytosis that may force you to stop treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.