Carbimazole overdose

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been put on 30mg of this stuff, recently gone up from 20mg daily.

Came off them in the run up to a scan, and then back on. So far so good.....

I realised on Sunday morning that I'd forgotten the Saturday pill. Decided to take it Sunday lunchtime and then the Sunday dose later in the evening.

BAD IDEA......!!

Sunday night my skin went NUTS. Rash erupted back, buttocks and hips.

Unbelievable itching.... Middle of the night I was thinking about A&E. Big, hard raised lumps, and starting in other places.

This is now Tuesday evening and the worst is past but it's still working its way out of my system, on the arms, wrist, legs, feet.

I'm not a skinrash kind of person, I've NEVER had anything like this.

It's like I've been bitten by a Cobra!!

Lesson learnt of course, I won't be doing that again believe me.

But I noticed on the advice pages about "carbimazole " they say, if you forget a dose just double up the next day........

I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE NOT TO DO THIS ‼️

That double dose, spread over several hours on Sunday, nearly did for me.

Saw the pharmacist today, advised me to stay of them and consult GP, with a view to starting up again.

Believe me I'll be taking it slow and cautious.

This stuff is toxic

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.