carbs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been tracking my meals on my fitness pal and doin at most 10 a day only day 4 was wondering shud I b watch in my carbs and sugar intake

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, carbs break down into sugar, and sugar is like an instant fuel for your body so if you can't use it all right then it'll be stored as fat.

I aim for a fist sized portion of carbs, hope that helps smile

• Posted

Aw god vicious circle then I'm running out of ideas if I eat things under 5g fat there high in carbs I like things like a tin of soup and gd cooked meals salad and bread everyday my carbs have been high and my fat at 9g feel like I'm failing and won't lose weight any help wud b fab
    • Posted

Your fat is fine, don't stress yourself out too much, just stick to a calorie limit so then you won't be going over.

Try making your own soups and sticking to unprocessed foods and you'll be fine,  wholemeal pasta, bread and rice is much better for you as it's released much more slowly, thus your body won't freak out like it does for the white stuff.

You should try to cut down on things like bread though and stick to a fist size portion of carbs per meal.

• Posted

Everythin seems t have carbs tho so what shud I stick to fist sizes I eat all meats and salad baked potato veg fruit fat free yoghurt semi skimmed milk  picky om my cereal only eat frosties
    • Posted

Carbs from veg is fine as long as you watch your calories, just watch out for refined carbs, white bread, pasta rice etc.

If you're really worried you can use something like myfitnesspal to count calories. You only have to be worried about fat, just save sugar for treats and stick to wholemeal carbs, vegetables are fine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.