Cardiac Ablation causes high blood pressure?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a cardiac ablation in October 2014 I have never had a problem with my blood pressure but now it is high as soon as I sit up or stand has anyone else had this procedure and has it had the same affect 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had a cardiac ablation the beginning of Nov 14 for SVT. 

I'm not sure what you had yours for - AF, SVT? But known complications are light headedness, blackouts etc but this tends to be caused by low blood pressure possibly linked to heart block. You are well past what is considered the risk period for this so it's odd your experiencing this now.

It's an obvious question and sorry in advance, but I'm guessing you've had a proper BP done at a GP practice? 

I work in General Practice and I would advise seeing your GP with a probable view of doing a 24 hour BP study. What's your resting pulse rate? If lower than 45 then it's definitely GP time. 

I'm not sure if that's helped at all, I hope so, but in short my ablation has if anything made my BP lower. 

All the best

Chris

• Posted

Hi

It was for SVT, the doctors noticed my blood pressure was high, I have noticed it is ok when laid down but as soon as I sit or stand it goes up also have many headaches which I never had before, I am at the hospital in January for my follow up on the ablation hopefully the Doctor will advise then I have never felt well since the procedure

• Posted

hi there! i had the ablation done in 2014 as well and YUP to my surprise when was all said and done i left with still taking a prescription.... so i thought the procedure must not have worked for me since i was told that id either take medicine for the SVTs for the rest of my life or give this ablation a chance, if it didnt work then id just be back on the SVT meds.But like you, they were high blood pressure meds .....me...lil ole me? bp 110/60 is my norm. but benefit of doubt i thought mayb its typical after such a procedure and the elevated BP n meds are just temporary....that made sense to me.....

hello 2017.....ive since had the BP meds doubled.....n well....ive been having problems.....but initially i was released with a good to go and no followup needed so all mustve been good.then anyway... i dont think it is anymore tho and it wasnt soon there after...

but til i see my doc this wk actually i really cant be certain if they are cardiac related....but my HEART TELLS ME SO !!

• Posted

I had SVT and had an ablation in Nov 2016

now I have high blood pressure when I sit up or stand too. My dr thinks I'm eating too much salt (I don't eat salt) I'm frustrated too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.