Cardiac or Costo? What do you think?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Symptoms:

• left to middle achey chest pain with activity (right where the hand would go to pledge allegiance to the flag and to the middle) - intensity changes with movement of arms or torso and eating (oddly enough)...which i don't notice until i'm at rest
  • Noticed a little pain yesterday in my back in the same area as the front- pain is not increased when intensity of activity increases- in other words, running or walking ...pain is the same - actually...pain went away on a brisk walk last week
  • Soreness that lasts for an hour or more at rest, bit goes away when laying in bed at night...with the exception of some discomfort when rolling over in bed
  • tenderness when I press on sternum and mid chest ...the acheyness lingers after I have pressed on it
  • Difficulty getting to the top of a deep breath ...feels tight...especially with activity
  • Occasional left breast pain
  • when i do get to the top of my breath ...there are popping feelings in my ribs...front and back
  • there is a slight increase in pain with deep breaths, but that is not constant and its definitely not excruciating by any means
  • i have lots of belching, throat/chest burning, and gas...but i have GERD, so i think thats separate.

Tests:

• ECG-normal
  • chest x-ray- normal
  • cardiac enzymes-normal

Can anyone shed light on whether this sounds like costochondritis? I hear a lot of you mentioning excruciating or intense pain...but I'm not experiencing that. Does the intensity vary for everyone? Hoping to have a stress test next week to continue ruling out cardiac issues.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

hi i have costochodndritis and tietze syndrome my symptoms are very equal to yours ! my chest doesnt hurt all the time its mostly feel very tight and that i cant breathe ive also experienced alot of pain in my left breast and it feels tender i also dont always have pain in my chest when i take a deep breath my pain also comes and goes but on top of this i also have tietze syndrome where i have lumps on my chest and it causing alot of swelling around my chest area , I hope this has helped a little ? costo pain can be mild to severe x

• Edited

Thank you, Crystal. I appreciate the response. I really dont understand these forums. I rarely get one or two responses when I post with a specific title and then someone posts a vague one and gets twenty responses. I guess I need to be very vague and do the opposite of what the site tips tell you. Lol. Thank you for taking the time. It means a lot.

When you have trouble breathing, does the tightness almost feel like popping or a rubbing feeling inside? It seems like when I get to the top of my breath I have those sensations, which is such a strange feeling.

• Posted

you're very welcome i love to try and help people as much as i can ! and when i get short of breath my chest feels really tight and i do have a wierd feeling in my chest but i cant describe it ? it doesnt pop but there is definately a odd feeling there that i cannot describe ! i hope you will feel better very soon !

• Edited

Yeah...popping is not the best description...but thats the only way I could think to describe it. Glad to know I'm not alone!

• Posted

youre very welcome and yes i know lol i thought id reply because i love to help people and yes it feels like a rubbing sensation its so difficult to explain the feeling ! its horrible its very painful it sometimes spreads into my arm pit and arms too x

• Posted

hello! i have all the problems listed by you and i thinks it s costochondritis. i also noticed that my left part ribs area is a bit, just a bit swollen. my left breast is bigger and painful since August 2019. i did mamo, scan and mri, are full of cysts, nothing to be worried as they say. the pain in the back, left rib cage is terrible, comes and goes. I also have a painful left shoulder, arm and fingers that are killing me constantly for almost a year. all my blood tests and investigations are fine, but i am not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.