Cardiac syndrome X

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was first diagnosed with Cardiac Syndrome X when I was 49. I am now 70 and have been on 3 drugs daily  which have successfully stopped any further attacks.However just recently my fingers have been turning blue although they are not cold. Has anybody else similar symptoms.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pauline

Have only occasionally had blue or purple fingernails rather than fingers but it would be poor circulation as lack of blood flow. I feel cold very often though usually when have episodes of microvascular angina. Am on quite a lot of meds but have daily symptoms

Mary

• Posted

Mary, thank you for taking time to reply. The major difference seems to be if one gets the same symptoms -blue fingers but remain warm. It will be interesting to see if I get more replies. I am also considering joining a Support Group for people with Cardiac Syndrome x at the Royal BromptonHospital as so few medics in the area where I live appear to know much if anything about the problem.

thanks Pauline

• Posted

Check  the side effects  & interactions of your medications .I had Raynauds diagnosed ,stopped a  certain statin but replaced it with another. When eventually saw side effects [had  not given with dosett box]

Since then not one episode of pins & needled & cramps.

• Posted

Hi again

I see Prof Collins at the Brompton too. I don't live in London or I would have thought of the support group. I assume it is a group that meets rather than an online group is it? There are quite a few people around the country who see him now but haven't mentioned the group. Hope you get more answers and some that will help!

Mary

• Posted

Hi I get blue hands on a bad heart day blue fingers on a not so bad day otherwise ok... Is the support group online or meetings - i would be interested in knowing more - i live in Cornwall and there isnt much support down here, that i have found so far. 
    • Posted

Andrew, thank you for taking time to reply. I am going to phone the Royal Brompton Hospital later today to try to find out more. Although I live within 1 hr train journey of London it would be much better if the support group functions on line.

I will let you know.

Regards

Pauline

• Posted

i look forward to seeing your answer... had a bad  weekend so knowing there is a group would be helpful.
  • Posted

The blue and purple fingers is due to the micro spasms that are happening. The fingers, because they are long and narrow, have a lot of small arteries and veins, so there is more spasming going on there than other areas of the body. Sometimes this is seen in the toes, but less often because the toes are not as long, you see your fingers more than your toes because your fingers aren't covered by socks and you use them all day, and some people have discoloration in their toes for other reasons. This is not seen with Prinzmetal, only with Syndrome X, so not everyone here will experience this.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking time to reply. I understand your reasoning but I wonder why these symptoms have only recently started. I have had Syndrome X for 21 years. 

• Posted

Hi Cathy, (and Pauline) I too get raynauds phenomina occur I was told it does occur with Prinzmetal? however I have both variants (micro and macro spasm) so I wonder if the distinction is the Macro doesnt cause it but later developing micro does and would that suggest that the syndrome x was prinzmetal which now has the mirco variant as well? Sorry just querying into this as i was told Prinzmetal often has Raynauds phenomina as well (and on bad heart days my hands do go a good shade of blue, interesting the bluer they are i head towards feeling faint and it takes a lot more gtn to change things...  
  • Posted

I had this with pins & needles no blueness  & had Raynauds diagnosed  until I read the side effects of over 10 heart medications plus others that I take .Cardiac arrest 10 years ago.Decided to stop the statin & never had it again .The GP then changed it to another one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.