Cardio problems because of CKD

Posted , 7 users are following.

I came across a couple of articles on the internet.  they discussed that the leading cause of death for people with CKD and of those on dialysis is caused by Cardio problems, rather than actual total kidney failure.   Perhaps this is well known to everyone but it was news to me.  However neither article discussed why this was.  Why CKD causes cardio problems and the majority of deaths because of it,

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Rick this isnt about u hun, but i think some people want to have something wrong with them... call it anxiety... could be an attention seeking disorder twisted
    • Posted

I know this is about me since i commented on this post and said that reading this post scared me. And no I don't want to have something wrong with me. I will be very upset if i end up having kidney disease like I am worried about. Why would I want that to happen to me? Nobody wants that to happen to them. I would feel like my life is ruined if I had kidney disease or heart disease or whatever other diseases there are in the world. If you think i will be happy when I find out if anything is wrong with me then you are wrong about that. And I know you don't believe me about me going to the doctor either but oh well. Its all good. It doesn't bother me if people don't believe me because I know that i am about to go to the doctor so that's all that matters. 

• Posted

you are like a bad smell just hanging around... you havent been diagnosed... come back when/if you have
    • Posted

This forum and thread has been a long term helpful and happy one.  Can we please try and keep it that way or risk possibly losing it.  The way I see it is if someone doesn’t like what they are reading then they have the option to ignore it rather than to attack it.  Please let’s be mature about this - many of us are struggling with our health and appreciate our fellow contributors’ contributions.  Please be civil and polite.
    • Posted

I know i am getting angry, I am not usually like this! i just hate explaining over and over especially to someone who hasnt been to see a dr yet....

I am done anyway x

• Posted

I understand, Janine!  You were trying to be helpful and you did your best so don’t stress yourself about it but relax and take special care of yourself.🌹

• Posted

My opinion:  I understand your frustration, we as CKD patients come here for support, to share knowledge or obtain knowledge, to be here for each other, to celebrate with each other, etc. We share what we know with people that fear they may be headed down the same path WE are going down, we try and encourage them. BUT when after doing this for over a month and a person STILL hasn't been to even a walk in clinic to try and do something for themselves you kind of get the feeling that addressing their health concerns is not their priority. We had a great discussion Rick started but it was derailed by someone suffering from anxiety, not CKD, you kind of wonder why Megan isn't on a forum for anxiety instead of a CKD forum. Because she thinks she has CKD? Because she might have other diseases? Well she may have, or she may not. We can't do anything or say anything to help her that we haven't said. I can see everyone's BP going up, which isn't the greatest for any of us. We know about CKD, between all of us we have quite a bit of combined knowledge and even though quite a few might suffer from periods of anxiety or stress, it's temporary. From what I can see anyway, it's not chronic. Megan seems to have a chronic condition, yes, but it's anxiety, maybe depression. Maybe something else. We are being used as an audience. Does she have problems? YES!!!! But I agree with you, she has the wrong forum, I think the anxiety forum would be more helpful to her but until she realizes what her biggest problem is and what she needs to do for herself, she will continue.  We can try and help but it will go better if we don't fuel the fire she has built. I to admire you.  Wishing you and your brother success and the best of health. 

Marj, thank you so much for clarifying my posts in the past. Maybe you can help me once more. I do my best with the typing time my hands can take and the brains I have left, lol. 

• Posted

Fran, thank you for your kind words🐶

As others have pointed out, anxiety can be very debilitating. I think most of us grapple with at least some anxiety due to our medical condition. But occasional anxiety, transient anxiety, is a very different situation than clinically diagnosed anxiety under psychiatric care.

I have a number of friends who are afraid to go to the doctor to get tests run. But they can, especially with support from family and friends, get to the appointment and get through the tests. Of course, much of the time they hear good news when they get their test results.

But if a person has actual clinical anxiety it interferes with their functioning on a daily basis. It literally interrupts their ability to do things that trigger more anxiety--a self-protection behavior where they are trying to minimize exposure to more high anxiety situations. Thus, it can be nearly impossible for persons with clinical anxiety to "force themselves" to do what they know they should do and what is actually in their own self interest to do, i.e., go to an initial doctor's appointment.

As is likely obvious, it is critical for those with clinical anxiety to seek out professional help. That may actually be necessary before they can pursue regular physical medical care--they may need medication and other self-management strategies in place before they are able to successfully access regular medical care.

So your comments about the anxiety forum being potentially more beneficial for Megan are good comments. I'm also hopeful that Megan will take the action necessary to take good care of herself. That may involve seeing a professional for help with the anxiety first and then, shortly thereafter, seeing a primary care physician for labs and such to address her physical well being.

In the meantime, I agree with MrsO's comments. None of us need to participate in a discussion we find to be frustrating. And I do hope we can remain civil with one another. I, too, have found this forum to be most helpful. I would hate to see that change.

Marj

PS--I maybe should have mentioned that I'm a university professor who prepares special education teachers to work with children and adolescents who present severe emotional disorders, e.g., anxiety disorders, depression, etc.

• Posted

Beautifully put, Marj - those poor troubled youngsters and theither special and dedicated teachers couldn’t be in better hands.🌹

• Posted

Yes you are right i am scared to go to doctors because being at the doctor makes my anxiety worse than it already is. I really should have been going to the doctor every year for a check up to make sure that I didn't have any health problems, but I didn't which is stupid of me. So if I do have something wrong with me in addition to the high blood pressure then it will be my fault for sure since I was too scared to go to the doctor for along time and i didn't ever go until this year. But yes i will go to the doctor even though i'm scared and i will get the tests run. I will ask my mom or dad to go with me if I think that I can't do it alone. Because i know it's better to find out now rather than later if there is something wrong with me so i can start to do something about it. And i know i do have anxiety but i don't think that is my biggest problem. The fact that i'm over weight is probably my biggest problem now. And i should have lost weight along time ago and tried to keep it off.  Because if i do have other health problems in addition to high blood pressure i know it will be only because i'm overweight. 

• Posted

Yes i do have bad anxiety. But also just because i have anxiety doesn't mean that is the only thing wrong with me. And the fact that i'm overweight is the reason why I believe that something else is wrong with me in addition to the high blood pressure that I found out that i have. I read online that people who are overweight have a much higher risk to get chronic kidney disease than people who are a normal weight. If i was a normal weight then i would not be worried about it so much. And yes  i know that I don't have the same symptoms as many of you do. I know you all said alot of the symptoms that you have are different than the ones I mentioned in my post. But i read online that chronic kidney disease can effect people differently. So some people may not have the same symptoms as others which i am sure you all know. And by the way i did look online to see if any walk in clinics would take my health insurance but I couldn't find any. I don't get very good health insurance. Yes i know i could have gone to the emergency room since i couldn't find a walk in clinic. But that would be alot more expensive than going to a regular doctor. I guess you all don't believe me about going to the doctor though. But i am just going to go to a primary care physician that I found who takes my insurance. I said i will share my blood test results here too whenever i get them in the mail or see them online or whatever. I will even try to share a picture of the results so you all can believe me when i say that i went to the doctor. If there is a way that i can cross out my first and last name on the results. Because i don't want people seeing my first and last name. 

• Posted

And yes i do want to address my health concerns too. Even though it will be scary to find out if I have a health problem I know that it is better to find out sooner rather than later. because if i do end up having chronic kidney disease then i would want to at least slow down the progression of it. or if i have another health problem then i do want to do something about it so that I dont get worse. 
    • Posted

Ok i will come back when I get the blood test results. Even if I don't end up having chronic kidney disease I will still just come and post the results since some people said they were curious about what my results will be. And if i don't end up having chronic kidney disease then the post i make about my blood test results will be my last post here .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.