Cardiologist says don't worry

Posted , 3 users are following.

Male 57 healthy never been on meds. In February I felt like crap, tired, flu like, headache and dizziness. I went to outpatient and my blood pressure was 159/106 but nothing else the Dr could find wrong. I made appt with GP 2 weeks later because I still felt like crap. Again he couldn't find anything wrong except BP. This time 150/100. He asked what happened? I've seen this Dr every year for the last15 and never had a BP over 130/80. Dr put me on BP meds. This stuff was terrible!! I took it for about 2 weeks. Couldn't handle it anymore and went back to Dr and ended up seeing his nurse practitioner. Still feeling like crap and dizzy she did an EKG. She said it had a little funny thing to it and got me into a cardiologist with n a week. First thing the cardiologist did was changed my med. The new Med works great. Then the cardiologist sent me for a 24 hr heart monitor and a stress test that of course my insurance denied a couple times but finally I got it. The cardiologist finally got the okay to do a angiogram. This happened the end of May and found one of my arteries 70% blocked. The cardiologist decided that he would treat me with meds instead of putting a stepped in it. I went on a daily cholesterol medicine and of course my BP Med. Saw cardiologist at end of June. Still feeling like crap he said that there is nothing wrong with my heart. Got in to a neroligest and MRI on head. She said it was negative and come back and see her in 3 months. 2 weeks ago I went to ER. BP was 133/113. EKG was normal and all blood work was normal. 3 hrs later I walked out with nothing. So today I'm still feeling like crap I've had a constant dull headache, my left eye waters, both forearms and hands tingles, lower chest, more like very very upper abdomen has on/off pain, very dizziness and of course I feel that something is definitely wrong. I don't know where to turn. My gut says heart. All my symptoms says heart. All online checkers says heart. Any ideas?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When you say you have flu like symptoms, does that include that chesty feeling, like you are coming down with a chest infection, but never actually do? How is your breathing?
    • Posted

That yecky feeling. Not really throw up but ackey. While in ER they did 3 chest x-ray and nothing was found. I'm breathing normal

• Posted

Nothing I would say. At work we get spurts of really busy and sometimes running and after I sit down I get like a lump in my throat
  • Posted

Went to my GP today. Both of my forearms tingles on and off and my right Palm just below the pinky is numb. I'm still having dizziness and a pain on and off in my right breast. Dr said maybe an MRI on my neck and I might have a pinched nerve that would be causing the tingling and dizziness. As for the pain around my breast he thought it was costochondritis, Instead of anything to do with my heart since it was so low. Will keep you up-to-date after the insurance okay's the MRI.

• Posted

Tried to get a neck/ spine MRI. Still feeling pretty crappy. Well, insurance denied my neck MRI. Dr said either a neurologist again or orthopedic. I asked the doctor for another referral to a different neurologist and he's going to try to get me into somewhere else. The first neurologist only did a head MRI. It was negative and I was told to come back in 3 months and we will see if I'm better.

I still have dizziness and both forearms and hands are tingling. Even after talking my cardiologist into taking me off my Statin. I go see him next week to see how I'm doing.

Can't say if being off the statin is doing anything but I do have brief moments that I feel normal again. I'm eating a very if not no fat no cholesterol diet.

Will keep you posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.