Care Down There re: creams, ointments for treating LS

Posted , 16 users are following.

I just found a website that gives a clear explanation as to the choice of ointments and creams used to treat LS and other skin diseases.  It also addresses our concerns about 'overusing' these potent agents.   I found it very helpful and comforting in a way.  Mr. Moderator, is there some way I can pass the link to this website on to the forum?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Helen,  Could you personal message me with the site details please. 
  • Posted

Hi Helen, could you also send me a personal message with the site details please. I am totally confused by all my conflicting advice. Thanks
  • Posted

ME too ! Is Mr Moderator a man or a woman? she would have sympathy if she knew what it's like.Thanks Yvonne

• Posted

Hi Helen,

can an younplease also send me the details in a private message?

many thanks,

Samantha

• Posted

Thanks Helen, every resource is useful x
  • Posted

Can I link on and receive a message with the info.  Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Helen, I beg you to send me the link by private message.. Thank you so much!! smile
  • Posted

Hi Helen could you please send me the link too. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi helen could u send me the link please if u dont mind thanks xx
  • Posted

Hi Helen, thank you for your really kind research. I would really love to know the website/site concerned and hope you can somehow forward me the link. I don't know how to do a personal messag?? But if you can send me one I will try to work out how to get to it!   Like you I find most of the info on LS quite confusing and scary.  Thank you Suzanne x
  • Posted

Hi Helen,

Would you please send via personal message the site details.

Thanks.

• Posted

Helen - are you referring to the Care Down There website? It's an Australian website run by two doctors, a gyne and a dermatologist. I'm from Australia and refer to this website many many times for information. It's quite good actually.
    • Posted

You guessed it.  I was afraid if I gave the actual site address I would be breaking a forum rule.  It is good to hear you vouch for its value. Thanks. .  I just personal messaged it to the persons who requested it also.  Do you know how up to date it is?
    • Posted

I think the information is good. I do seem to feel slightly comforted like yourself when reading it. What do you think of the information on LS? I don't know how up to date it is though?
    • Posted

The info on LS seems tcpnsistent with what ihave been told by my gynecologist here in Canada.  What was you assessment on the LE info?

I did not see any thing that spoke of estrogen cream being beneficial for LS although my  Gyne prescribes it along with clobetasol.  I cannot take it in any case.  Also no mention of products to cleanse and moisturizer with, was there? It seems we have to rely on suggestions from this forum for that advice.  It did help me to read though that the clobetasol routine seems to be what I would be best to put faith in.  Just reassuring.

• Posted

Meant to write 'seems to be consistent' ---my IPad is over thinking as usual.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.