Carer credits

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

I was wondering if any one knew how carer’s credit is paid, is this a benefit paid to my carer or to there pension company? 

Thanks

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Carers Credit, is national Insurance contibutions given to the person who's looking after someone who's claiming certain disability benefits. Carers who don't qualify for carers allowance can get these.

• Posted

Thank you Denise, 

My carer must of misunderstood what it said, she thought they pay your pension for you, 

So a monetary payment comes to my carer? Just to confirm? 

• Posted

Carers credit is national insurance contributions towards your pension for when you reach pension age, it's not an actual payment that they recieve. If you google carers credit it will tell you what it is.

There's Carers Allowance from DWP as Lady mentioned.

• Posted

Hi it’s paid on a Monday, it goes in your bank, £62 I think you get , hope this can help 

• Posted

That's incorrect info Lady sorry. Kevin is talking about carers credit not carer allowance.

• Posted

No, just because i know a lot doesn't mean i work for them. I probably know more than most of them know theirself. Like you i claim benefits too. I have no idea why i keep having to tell people that i do NOT work for DWP. Sorry it just makes me angry that people think i work for them. I fi could work and i can't it wouldn't be for them.

• Posted

Sorry about that Denise, your a great help to a lot of people, well done on you xx
    • Posted

Bless you Denise, 

everyone seems to think you work for the DWP.    I can only assume it's because you are so knowledgeable regarding benefits, but then most of us realise that you research extensively to give the right answer if you are not sure.  I don't know where the forum would be without you.  I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot.  lol   rolleyes

• Posted

No worries. Thanks. Sorry i got angry but it just annoys me when some accuse me of working for them. If i did work i wouldn't be able to spend this amount time time advicing others her. I'm in the process of going through a PIP claim for my own daughter too, so stressful times.

Enjoy that award.

• Posted

Thanks sukes, my dearest friend!

Yes that's most likely what it is lol I really don't mind advcing others, and if it's helps them get the award they deserve then bring it on i say.

I've actually lost count of the amount of people that have come back to thank me for the advice and that they've got an award because it. That makes it all worth while.

Can i have that chocolate teapot for my birthday please? wink everyone wants chocolate on their birthday right? lol xx

• Posted

I feel terrible now, don’t worry, you will get a chocolate tea pot , mmm sounds lush, hope your daughter ok Denise, your a diamond xx
    • Posted

It's ok Lady,  Denise really is helpful, but because of it people think she works for ther DWP, just as you did.  xx 

• Posted

So true that lol and i'm sure they will be many others in the future that will think exactly the same lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.