Carer for 2 adults .

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. My son is my carer during the day, at night he stays with my mum as she can barely walk and has COPD, she receives Dla high rate for both care and mobility . At the moment he claims carers allowance for taking care of me, however, he is staying most nights at his Nans to care for her. Would it make sense for him to claim carers allowance for taking care of her more than 40 hours a week ?, is that classed as living with her ? . Just wondering if I would get severe disability premium if he was classed as living with my mum even though he looks after me during the day, as my mum lives in residential care accommodation, she has care through the day but not through the night.


1 like, 0 replies

Report / Delete

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up