carers allowance and working tax

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello there,

need some advice,

i claim carers allowance and income support, my partner is thinking of claiming carers allowance for our other son who is on middle rate dla ,, would we be entitled to working tax credits,, i cant seem to find it anywhere on line ,

many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hooly

Short answer is No. Any top up's with regard to CA are dealt with via Income Support rather than Working Tax Credits.

Mind you it is an interesting question you raise and in theory Carer's should be allowed to claim WTC. Mind you that would open a real can of worms as CA isn't even paid at the rate of the National Minimum Wage receiving £62 for 35 hour week instead of the correct £252 (7.20 x 35) which you would get for any other job.

• Posted

anyone know ,, 
    • Posted

No you can't claim working tax credit and carers allowance. The previous post explains it to you.

• Posted

thank you, its disgusting tho ,, i dont understand why not ,, its a 24/7 job ,,

but hey ho that our goverment for ya,,x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.