Carers allowance, implications of claiming

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on Pip and a family member helps me with my care needs eg shopping, housework etc. If they apply for carers allowance what effect if any will it have on their child benefit, child tax credits ad child tax credits. They work full time you see. Does it affect my pip award or anything

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi dont think it affects your pip,, but i think it may affect your person who cares for you,, if they work full tme they have to prove they care for you 35 hrs a week,,, and if they earn over £100 per week they wont get it. ( im sure its £100) may be less coz my husband just applied for carers allowance coz he cares for me,,, he is self employed and last year earnt £3,500 not much eh,, and he was refused carers allowance,,, got to be a clitch somewhere.........
  • Posted

They are not allowed as they work full time, plus if you need 35 hours care I guess you told them in your application so have a carer that doesn't work full time or just do your shopping online and the housework any agency will be more then happy to do it just for 14.50 an hour and some places it's much cheaper 
  • Posted

Hi...It used to be paid direct to you....but they have changed it so the carer has to apply for it.....and they have to care for you 35hrs a week......they get roughly £63 a week......its a joke what they get paid,,,,,also it does not affect your pip,

hope this helps as this is all roughly,

take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.