caroline1972 Vaginal hysterectomy due to prolapse, and bladder and rectal prolapse repair.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a total hysterectomy and bladder and rectum repair five weeks ago. I’ve been trying to do more and after 5 are 6 hour of being on my feet I start cramping.  Anyone else have this problem  five weeks out? I wanted to go back to work at six weeks. But I’m a custodian in elementary school and I’m afraid that would be too early. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Janice, you need to rest, not spend that much time on your feet!  You've had major surgery.  Your body has to be given the time it needs to heal.  Right now, you're not allowing that, you're just adding additional stress.  

Your outside stitches will heal in 4-6 weeks but it can take your insides up to 6 months or longer.  For some women it takes as much as a year.  Your body gets this one chance to heal, so try not to rush it!  xx

• Posted

Think of the thought of having to go through it again.theses repairs will fail if you strain early week's. Work can wait but healing cant. Sorry I. Being straight but I've been there once again was soon good for 8 weeks but my repair failed. My new consultant has warned me that these repairs have no guarantee. Take the time to look after yourself.. We have to be strong handball family members that our insides are no where near ready for normal activities.x

• Posted

I've had tvh and anterior repair 11 wks ago and I'm not even carrying wAshing or bending.x

• Posted

Hi Janice.

I’ve been told that the recovery period can from anywhere from minimum (8) to (14) weeks. 

I personally, could not consider returning to work if your cramping and trying to muster enough stamina to work. Your job requires a lot physically.

My advice would to talk to your doctor before doing anything that can reverse your progress. 

I hope this helps. Please rest. wink

• Posted

Yes it’s too early.  I am on 10th week and still having funny feeling on my anus and lower ab.  From the past messages of other ladies in this group, it will take awhile to get fully recovered and thats true.  Dont lift and bend so much esp heavy stuff.  I had also tvh with repair due to prolapse.  Take it easy God bless.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I think I start doing too much to soon. It’s hard to  realize you’re not ready when everything is on the inside. But I realize now I still need rest. 
    • Posted

Good morning Janice.

I’m happy to hear that you will take care.

I see the doctor tomorrow and I’m hoping that I will receive good news about my recovery process. My prior discussions have stated my not resting as instructed.

Please stay put Janice. smile 

I’ll keep everyone postedbiggrin))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.