carpal tunnel and surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

My wrist is getting so painfull and have just ignored it for a while now but i cant even put weight on that arm when doing pilates. Been puting it off as dont want to stop work. I clean houses so could someone Please tell me if it does really take 6 weeks as i have been told to get over it or would i still be able to work sooner. Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, im an electrician and it went

back to work too soon. i would say it takes 2 months for a good recovery but it will still be sore for a bit longer. Its been worth the surgery and recovery.

• Posted

I had my right wrist done May 7 /18 and my left one done JUNE 21/18 , It takes up to 6 weeks to heal completely , but i was back at work with in 4 days. I do computer work and contract clean for a living . it was great to feel my fingers again . just Becareful how you get yourself out if chairs .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.