Carpal tunnel help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help, I had burning tingling and stinging symptoms before surgery, never really had pain, had surgery 2 weeks ago, when do these symptoms go away, immediate or takes time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How bad were your nerve conduction study results before surgery? If they were mild or moderate those symptoms should have gone by now. Dr J Bland
    • Posted

Is the left hand in anyway connected to the right?

They said my left was worse, doing that in a months time.

• Posted

There do seem to be some links between the way the right and left hands behave. Why did they do the less severe side first? If the NCS results were very severe then recovery of symptoms can take a long time and can be incomplete but many departments throw the word 'severe' around very casually and it can be hard to know what they mean uness you can see the actual results. The most important marker of CTS that is bad enough that you expect it to take a long time to improve is a 'distal motor latency' to the abductor pollicis brevis muscle of more than 6.5 msec.

• Posted

Hi. I had my op 5mths ago and I still get the same symptoms as before. Pins and needles and numbness at night. Not as often as before but I still get them. When Ivery spoke to the physio they keep saying it could take up to 6mths to a year until it settles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.