Carpal tunnel in both hands miserable no insurance help

Posted , 5 users are following.

About seven months ago my hands wrist and forearms started killing me. I couldn't work cook open doors could barely even eat or brush my teeth it was so excruciating for about 2 months. It got a little bit better like the bones in my hands and fingers Don't Hurt Anymore but still kills me everyday. I am now able able to open doors and carefully cook but I pay for it a lot of times after with numbness and pain. Very hard to click a mouse or do anything on the phone without getting a lot of pain after. I get a lot of pain behind my thumb. I can't open jars or even water bottles. I can't lift anything heavy . Whenever I squeeze something my Palm side wrist wants to explode. The top side of my hand and wrist also hurt all the time I don't know what to do anymore I'm beside myself. I don't have insurance and I don't have money. I called the doctor yesterday and it's $350 just for an appointment. But doesn't include injections which from reading is only fix I can only imagine how much surgery costs. What am I supposed to do even driving hurts how am I supposed to make a living? I've never been so miserable hopeless and depressed in my life

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Injections temporary fix*

My forearm also kill me with lots of throbbing and sharp pains I tried splints and only irritated worse.

• Posted

That's not an entirely typical story for carpal tunnel syndrome so I wouldn't just assume that that is the right diagnosis - it might be, but there are other painful hand conditions. You could start by running through the diagnostic questionnaire on carpal tunnel net. That will at least give you some idea of how likely it is that the problem is really carpal tunnel syndrome. The other useful experiment to try is a neutral angle wrist splint at night to see if that makes any difference to the symptoms - a lot cheaper than a $350 consultation to start off with. Dr J Bland

• Posted

Check w hospitals etc to see if they have any programs to assist you w cost. You may have a debt but when you cant even work you have to find help. My heart goes out to you
  • Posted

Ice to your wrists might help to decrease the swelling and NSAIDS might also give you some relief. Try splints which can be purchased at Walmart. Good luck. Can remember waking hysterical from the tingling and pain that came with it. Steroid injections gave me a lot of relief. Still recovering from surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.