Carpal tunnel release surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 14 days post surgery. i had stitches out yesterday. I still have numbness in every finger but i was also told that the results from my nerve conduction test have shown that the little finger and ring finger are numb due to spinal problems . I had my other hand done 3 months ago and apart from the ring and little finger its good. The odd pains but seem good so i know this numbness isnt normal.

Has anyone had the same after surgery with these symptoms

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i had my cts last october until now my 3 fingers (from thumb to middle) and part of my ring finger are still numb , my hand is still stiff and still a little bit swollen. MRI result nerve neuropathy. taking prednidone right now.

• Posted

hi Shirley..how long do you have to take the prednisone for for your hand I Assume? I had the CT surgery 4 months ago nearly and I get this itch around the scar and thumb joint where I had an arthroscopy too. I am having an MRI. Just wondering how your symptoms are going ? Thank you

• Posted

I took it for 6 weeks (dose tapering). but when i finished it the symptoms came back. So I'm back to prednisone again for 3 months (dose tapering). Numbness and stiffness gone down but part of the hand still still swollen

• Posted

i guess i'm ok with them. it helps me recover slowly. that the only med that my doctor prescribed - aside from NSAID which didn't help me at all.

• Posted

thank you for the reply Shirley..what was your diagnosis? did the Dr say you will be cured? I hope so..I am.sure you will..I have this itch after my surgery hence the MRI ..thank you for sharing your info x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.