Carpal tunnel return to work concerns . Hope MD will give me a few more days

Posted , 1 user is following.

had endoscopic CTS surgery June 14 and will have stitches out tomorrow . Fingers are less swollen and moving almost can make fist . But I am concerned because I still have some pain in  psalm and side of wrist when moving it on ring finger side . I am a nurse Case Manager and a type continuously and handle high case load and  have to meet production of cases to meet performance reviews. I will be 12 days posy surgery tomorrow and MD stated I should be able to return to full duty and I am very concerned as I do not agree.. Feel I could do it maybe in 5 to 7 days once a get stitches out and desensitize psalm by massage and massage incision sitre to break up scar tissue . I have minimal  carpal tunnel in my non dominant hand . I live alone am 61 and have to also drive up to an 30 to 45 minute one way to interview clients at work  occasionally . I have been using my left hand for heavier lifting while reecovering like watering yard, lifting grocery items , dressing , wiping after BM's etc with left hand. Pushing open heavy doors etc.

How soon after CTS endoscopically did you'll feel comfortable with return to work face paced  8 to 10 hour days in office and occasionally out in field with driving and minimal liftng but lots of writing and extra use of left hand which flares my CTS in that arm at times. Paperwork, keyboarding extensive notes and using thumb and printing and filing.. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.