Carpal tunnel surgery post op pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone! I was searching for carpal tunnel information and came across the site and it’s been very helpful reading the comments. I just wanted to ask about my specific question regarding the incision site pain. I had my surgery last Monday, September 20 and today 9/27, having continued pain on palm/wrist I still can’t really put any pressure on that area! I've been off work this past week Get my stitches removed tomorrow. I was hoping to go back to work on Wednesday. However I do a lot of typing in my job. I’m wondering if it would behoove me to just go ahead and take the rest of this week off to give it some rest and extra healing time. I feel so bad that my team is covering for me during this time. But I think they understand and have been very concerned and supportive during this entire process. I tried driving just a short distance and the maneuvering of turning the steering wheel certain times shocked my nerve in palm or when barely hyper extending fingers pulled through wristid love to hear your stories!! Thanks so much!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yes, take the time off. You may need more time off before you are ready to do much office work.You should be given exercises to do after the stitches have been removed but it can take about 3 months to fully regain use of your hand without pain so Im not surprised you found driving difficult. You may find that wearing a splint is also helpful. Do be careful. If you have an accident your insurance may not pay out

You should have been given or recommended pain killers as well. Dont go back to work and suffer a lot of pain. You should get a sick note from your doctor if its too painful. It looks simple but its not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.