carpel tunnel?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Alright been told by non professionals n do have symptoms of carpal tunnel am self employed scaffolder who works flat out and can't do anything else cannot take time off ,not too much pain at mo my hands just don't work till about 11sh struggle before I get working than after work the same what to do ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You could start by going through the symptom questionnaire at carpal tunnel net This will give you a better idea of how likely you are to have CTS than you get from non-professionals. Dr J Bland
  • Posted

Hi Jon I found warming mine up helped a lot. Plus you can always take some anti inflammatory and pain relief to keep it at bay a bit.

You could also try steroid injections first. Mine lasted 10 years before I had to have surgery. You really need to get it properly diagnosed first, so schedule an appointment with your doctor.

Hope that helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.